Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

anyone in Arizona?
#243130 - 01/08/11 09:58 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/ariz...p;p1=News_links

Duck and cover.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

I guess this is what Sharron Angle meant by "second amendment solutions" (nt) new [Re: Andrew]
#243135 - 01/08/11 10:26 PM

> http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/ariz...p;p1=News_links
>
>
> Duck and cover.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: I guess this is what Sharron Angle meant by "second amendment solutions" (nt) new [Re: AWJ]
#243142 - 01/08/11 11:59 PM

It's sad, they whip people into a frenzy of anger and fear and make veiled threats of violence. It was only a matter of time before some disturbed individual was going to come along and do something like this.

Budweiser
And you wonder why I drink !!!
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Arizona
Send PM

Re: I guess this is what Sharron Angle meant by "second amendment solutions" (nt) new [Re: DMala]
#243152 - 01/09/11 01:48 AM

I'm in az just under a hour away from the shootings .. very sad

Rehab is for quitters !!

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

It's that special sort of circular reference that you only find in crazy... new [Re: Budweiser]
#243183 - 01/09/11 07:55 AM

Dude was wacked out of his mind, shame he had take people out before getting nabbed.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/arizona.shootings.suspect.social/index.html?hpt=T1

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: It's that special sort of circular reference that you only find in crazy... new [Re: italie]
#243188 - 01/09/11 11:32 AM

> Dude was wacked out of his mind, shame he had take people out before getting nabbed.
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/arizona.shootings.suspect.social/index.html?hpt=T1

One of the fatalities was a little girl who was born on Sept. 11, 2001. No, really.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: It's that special sort of circular reference that you only find in crazy... new [Re: AWJ]
#243204 - 01/09/11 04:27 PM

> > Dude was wacked out of his mind, shame he had take people out before getting
> nabbed.
> >
> >
> http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/arizona.shootings.suspect.social/index.html?hpt=T1
>
> One of the fatalities was a little girl who was born on Sept. 11, 2001. No, really.

Supposedly that is also the granddaughter of Dallas Green. IMO if you can point a gun at the head of a nine_year_old girl and pull the trigger, you have forfeit your right to any justice or fair trial. I wish him the slowest and most painful death imaginable.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: It's that special sort of circular reference that you only find in crazy... new [Re: italie]
#243246 - 01/09/11 10:45 PM

> Supposedly that is also the granddaughter of Dallas Green. IMO if you can point a gun
> at the head of a nine_year_old girl and pull the trigger, you have forfeit your right
> to any justice or fair trial. I wish him the slowest and most painful death
> imaginable.

In Arizona, they're going to have to mount one hell of an insanity defense to keep this guy off the lethal injection table. I suspect justice will be swift and harsh.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: It's that special sort of circular reference that you only find in crazy... new [Re: DMala]
#243388 - 01/11/11 12:16 PM

> In Arizona, they're going to have to mount one hell of an insanity defense to keep
> this guy off the lethal injection table. I suspect justice will be swift and harsh.

I dunno. I have the feeling it will be a media circus of a new kind, perhaps followed by special legislation. 9/11 was just the beginning, folks.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: It's that special sort of circular reference that you only find in crazy... new [Re: mogli]
#243423 - 01/11/11 07:34 PM

> I dunno. I have the feeling it will be a media circus of a new kind, perhaps followed
> by special legislation. 9/11 was just the beginning, folks.

I'm sure it'll be a little circus-y, especially if he starts acting like a nut in court. Between the federal and state charges, though, there is just no way this guy is going to die of natural causes.

I'm sure security around politicians will be stepped up all the way down the line, but I would think that's about it. The conservatives will never go for new gun legislation, and what else can they do? Outlaw crazy?

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: It's that special sort of circular reference that you only find in crazy... new [Re: DMala]
#243447 - 01/12/11 02:09 AM

> I'm sure security around politicians will be stepped up all the way down the line,
> but I would think that's about it. The conservatives will never go for new gun
> legislation....

Well of course not. There is no reality in which any imaginable law will have or would have had any effect. The laws that could have stopped this are already in place, if proper steps had been taken beforehand.

Quote:

From U.S. Code:

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—
(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;

Yeah. He was nuts, and dangerous, and people knew it, and no one bothered to do anything about it.

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: anyone in Arizona? new [Re: Andrew]
#243478 - 01/12/11 12:24 PM

They are really pushing their luck this time.

Quote:

Members of Westboro Baptist Church, known for picketing U.S. troops' funerals with signs decrying homosexuality, plan to protest at her (the 9-year-old girl's) service

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/11/AR2011011107426.html?wprss=rss_print

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: It's that special sort of circular reference that you only find in crazy... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#243501 - 01/12/11 05:44 PM

> > I'm sure security around politicians will be stepped up all the way down the line... but I would think that's about it. The conservatives will never go for new gun legislation....

> Well of course not. There is no reality in which any imaginable law will have or would have had any effect. The laws that could have stopped this are already in place, if proper steps had been taken beforehand.
> Yeah. He was nuts, and dangerous, and people knew it, and no one bothered to do anything about it.

London's New York's gun control laws didn't save John Lennon from his crazy attacker. It gets said too much, but people keep forgetting... if you outlaw guns... then only outlaws will have guns.

The man who tackled the Arizona shooter had a pistol holstered on his person... and said to the news he was preparing to stop the shooter with his lawful weapon, but he saw the shooter had stopped to reload, so he was able to take down the shooter without using legal lethal means. THAT is the example of responsible civilian concealed weapon possession. Everyone is ignoring this tidbit of info. Had that shooter not stopped to reload, but instead kept shooting, isn't it comforting to know a law-abiding citizen was there armed and prepared to stop the madness?

We'll see, if in Obama's presidential address today, if he steps up and does the right thing (which is to offer his condolences to the victims of the acts from a deranged lunitic), or if he takes the irresponsible road and uses the acts of a lone crazy gunman to propel irrelevant political agendas. I've seen him go both ways... so we'll see...

Edited by Gatinho (01/12/11 06:33 PM)

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Tangent new [Re: GatKong]
#243502 - 01/12/11 05:46 PM

Quote:

London's gun control laws didn't save John Lennon from his crazy attacker.

Maybe because he wasn't killed in London?

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Tangent new [Re: Hizzout]
#243506 - 01/12/11 06:25 PM

>Maybe because he wasn't killed in London?

Exactly! What good were London's laws in New York, I ask you?

All the same, New York, with it's Sullivan Law, is near essentially a ban on private gun ownership... so the point remain valid, if not tainted by my inaccuracy.

Edited by Gatinho (01/12/11 06:32 PM)

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: anyone in Arizona? new [Re: twisty]
#243508 - 01/12/11 07:07 PM

Why don't the CIA or someone like that take these fuckers out? Isn't that what they are for-- to do jobs that need done and nobody needs to know how or why? Hell, I fiqured by now a fed up sniper would have taken care of this.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: anyone in Arizona? new [Re: redk9258]
#243518 - 01/12/11 08:23 PM

> Why don't the CIA or someone like that take these fuckers out? Isn't that what they
> are for-- to do jobs that need done and nobody needs to know how or why? Hell, I
> fiqured by now a fed up sniper would have taken care of this.

What do you think they are, terrorists?

The CIA, not the Westboro trollmasters.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: anyone in Arizona? new [Re: Foxhack]
#243522 - 01/12/11 09:15 PM

No, I don't think the CIA are terrorists, the people that protest at a funeral are. They should all be shot. This is not freedom of speech, it is taking away the family's right to peacefully bury their loved one. This girl or any of the soldiers or others do not deserve this. I really can't believe someone hasn't killed Fred Phelps yet.

Thankfully, they are not going to be at this funeral.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 129 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2222