MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

VirtuaIceMan
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/22/07
Send PM

extremely simple clrmamepro question (I assume!)
#242904 - 01/07/11 01:52 AM

I'm gonna sound like a right noob, but it's something I would like to know how to do... so I'll risk it!

When checking MAME ROMs using clrmamepro, I have the main mame/roms folder and also any updated ROMs I have downloaded (in a folder called rom_updates, for example).

How do you use clrmamepro to simply check the mame/roms folder and add anything missing from the rom_updates folder?

I don't want to do a full rebuild into a new location (not enough diskspace), just merge the updates easily and quickly (currently I unpack the zips manually and add the files by hand, then clrmamepro the mame/roms folder at the end, which takes ages!)

Cheers in advance for any advice (as opposed to put downs or pointing me to the clrmamepro forum (as I'm not registered there and I bet loads of people know how to do it on this forum!))

John IV
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

Re: extremely simple clrmamepro question (I assume!) new [Re: VirtuaIceMan]
#242909 - 01/07/11 02:18 AM

That's what its rebuilder functionality is for.. just point the source to your roms update folder and rebuild to your normal roms folder. It's backup should handle any issues.

john iv
http://www.mameui.info/

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

#242990 - 01/07/11 10:19 AM

rebuilder destination points to your near-to-full folder (your one and only rompath)
rebuilder source points to your small-update-sets folder
rebuild...done

no idea who in the world came up with a full rebuild idea...heard it many times but I can tell you...there is no need for such a thing

VirtuaIceMan
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/22/07
Send PM

Re: extremely simple clrmamepro question (I assume!) new [Re: Roman]
#242993 - 01/07/11 11:42 AM

Cheers Roman, and thanks for the tool!

One day I should do a full rebuild though, to optimise diskspace... or I'll just buy more hard disks...!

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#243032 - 01/07/11 11:59 PM

> I'm gonna sound like a right noob, but it's something I would like to know how to
> do... so I'll risk it!
>
> When checking MAME ROMs using clrmamepro, I have the main mame/roms folder and also
> any updated ROMs I have downloaded (in a folder called rom_updates, for example).
>
> How do you use clrmamepro to simply check the mame/roms folder and add anything
> missing from the rom_updates folder?

Set your rom_updates folder as the add path, then scan like you do normally.

S

H@P
Lurker in perpetuity
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Seattle area
Send PM

Re: extremely simple clrmamepro question (I assume!) new [Re: John IV]
#243140 - 01/08/11 11:36 PM

I don't know if this has been addressed, but I've run into trouble just doing a rebuild without doing a scan first. If a ROM from an existing set changes size or CRC, but not its name, and you do a rebuild with "Remove Matched Sourcefiles" checked, it won't replace the ROM in the existing set, but will remove the ROM from the update set. That's why it's always better to do a full scan after a new release, correct any issues in your existing sets, and then rebuild updates.

H@P

Edited by H@P (01/10/11 07:29 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2797