MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Testing the waters: Stiletto Search Challenge (#1?)
#242595 - 01/04/11 06:25 AM

I've often thought about the tactics other people might use when searching for stuff, online and offline.

So here's a first challenge (one of others?), for fun!

As it was put to me around 14 months ago:

Quote:

The Motorola/Freescale Dsp56156 once had a simulation package available for it. A similar simulator can be found here for the 56000 and 56300 series. I'm looking for the 56100 series.

http://galaxy.uci.agh.edu.pl/~rumian/DSP_stuff/

This stuff is circa 1996, and shouldn't be too difficult to find, but I've tried everything I can via google and bing, and I have yet to come up with sim56100, asm56100, or any of the associated tools (the gui would be really nice as well).

Could I ask you a favor: If you have some spare cycles, could you work some of your magic and potentially help me find the DSP561xx simulation suite?

I found the requested software in less than 48 hours, searching whenever I had free time, so giving an equivalent amount of time should be fair. (Ask 'Drew for confirmation ) It shouldn't be too hard. I'm mostly interested in what people do to find it. PM me your results (don't make it public), even make notes if you want, and I'll do a post-mortem a few days later.

- Stiletto

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Well... new [Re: Stiletto]
#243133 - 01/08/11 10:11 PM

So I got a total number of... zero responses.

It was probably poor timing on my part (January 3rd? During a Typing Monkey project?)

Should I wait a day or two, or should I post the answer to this (failed) experiment?

- Stiletto

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

Re: Well... new [Re: Stiletto]
#243137 - 01/08/11 10:51 PM

I would have joined in, but I don't even really have access to a computer at the moment in any normal fashion. My outside breaker box fried itself, and until the electrician gets here to replace it, I'm on periodic generator use.

Sorry about that.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Well... new [Re: Stiletto]
#243158 - 01/09/11 02:43 AM

> So I got a total number of... zero responses.

I had a go at it for half an hour or so but I could only find the files for the 56000, not the 56100. The .pdf manual is easy to find though.

S

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 709 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2053