MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Never go in against a Chilean when literacy is on the line...
#242576 - 01/04/11 03:25 AM

Ahhahaha haaaahahaa haaahah Ahhaha ha a......~thud~

http://gawker.com/5723504/behold-the-first-wonderfully-bad-sentences-from-snookis-novel

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

And to think, all that time it was your word that was poisoned. new [Re: italie]
#242581 - 01/04/11 03:49 AM

LOL! My favorite sentence of all time remains this grammatically correct sentence...

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Never go in against a Chilean when literacy is on the line... new [Re: italie]
#242646 - 01/04/11 07:53 PM

> Ahhahaha haaaahahaa haaahah Ahhaha ha a......~thud~
>
> http://gawker.com/5723504/behold-the-first-wonderfully-bad-sentences-from-snookis-novel

I've been thinking about becoming an author. And writing a book. With words. Maybe I could become Snooki's ghostwriter. And help write her next book.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: Never go in against a Chilean when literacy is on the line... new [Re: italie]
#242664 - 01/04/11 09:22 PM

> Ahhahaha haaaahahaa haaahah Ahhaha ha a......~thud~
>
> http://gawker.com/5723504/behold-the-first-wonderfully-bad-sentences-from-snookis-novel

Only one more to go before 2012 and the end of the world.

Keivn Eshbach

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Never go in against a Chilean when literacy is on the line... new [Re: DMala]
#242670 - 01/04/11 10:40 PM

> I've been thinking about becoming an author. And writing a book.

Ironically, the way to get published ISN'T to write a good book... and Snookie is testiment to that!

FIRST you contact a publisher through an agent with an IDEA for a book... if they think your idea has money potential, THEN they'll contract you to write the book... they don't care if it's well written... their editors will fix that... they only care that it has market potential.

If you send in a pre-written book... you'll get laughed at... that's a newbie move, because reputable agents won't take the time to read actual books! from thousands of unknown authors looking for the one worth publishing. If you've already written a book, keep that to yourself and pitch it as just an idea if you want to be taken seriously.

If I sound synical, it's because the publishing community is terribly money focused, and it's the reality. Even JK Rowling, despite rumors of her living in rags writing the famous Harry Potter books, had already establshed publishing connections through her well-published ex-husband, so getting published for her was a given... becoming ridiculously popular was the long-shot.

And don't let an agent charge you any money... REAL agents get paid on sales... any "agent" who makes money directly off the author is a scam artist... which by far outweight the real ones. Good luck.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

#242671 - 01/04/11 10:52 PM

If Fahrenheit 451 ever becomes a reality, I hope they start with this book.

Man the next generation is full of idiots.

Oh, and get off my porch.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: Never go in against a Chilean when literacy is on the line... new [Re: Hizzout]
#242672 - 01/04/11 10:59 PM

> Man the next generation is full of idiots.
>
> Oh, and get off my porch.

The world ends in 2012 so they will be the last generation full of idiots.

Kevin Eshbach

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 322 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1369