MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Crimzon Clover
#242498 - 01/03/11 04:44 AM

Trial version:
http://www.vector.co.jp/download/file/winnt/game/fh502734.html

Full version just became available:
http://www.sk8tokyo.com/shmup/games/crimzon.htm

http://yotsubane.blog99.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html

Pretty sick, I'm going to have to get it I think, but first, the trial version...

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Crimzon Clover new [Re: Smitdogg]
#242502 - 01/03/11 06:04 AM

Ugh, I must be getting old. In those "bullet hell" games, I can't even tell what's going on half the time, let alone try to stay alive for more than two seconds.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Crimzon Clover new [Re: DMala]
#242503 - 01/03/11 06:08 AM

They all seem like that when you just see a video of them for the first time, but after you play them a bunch and learn the game mechanics... Things change for the better, at least for me. If I would have watched a video of Progear before ever playing it, I wouldn't guess in a million years I would ever beat it on 1 credit, but I did. Anyway, this particular one is supposed to be super hard. They aren't all this hard.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: Crimzon Clover new [Re: Smitdogg]
#242506 - 01/03/11 07:59 AM

Agreed. The first time I saw a bullet hell game preview was of a Team Alice Project video and I couldn't tell what was going on but I was intrigued.

Once you start playing them, it makes sense. It's basically a maze of bullets that you have to find your way through, while at the same time shooting the enemies/boss. Some of the bullet patterns are very intricate, and tricky to navigate through and it's surprisingly addictive to try and figure out the patterns and win.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Crimzon Clover new [Re: DMala]
#242514 - 01/03/11 11:31 AM

> Ugh, I must be getting old. In those "bullet hell" games, I can't even tell what's
> going on half the time, let alone try to stay alive for more than two seconds.

The key for mastering any danmaku game is not to be fooled by the size of bullets and your own sprite, collision boxes are smaller.

The second key is never get distracted by far away objects. What matters is what's near you, the rest is just that: a distraction.

A common mistake for us beginners is to stay lower on the screen rarely moving, the more you stay at one point, the more bullets will come towards you.

And for last but not less important, have patience and practice. As you practice you'll find out is not that hard. Though, as in any old school game, you'll die and a lot. But the self reward is worth if you value that kind of entertainment. Who needs trophies and achievements?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 304 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2627