View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Force Feedback
#242024 - 12/28/10 01:14 AM

With christmas gone, I recieved a Logitech WingMan Formula Force wheel and I love it. I don't have any games to try the force feedback on it, but seeing a hefty motor inside I believe it's gonna be good.

I know MAME Hooker can use force feedback devices, but how would one set it up (or any output program) to accurately match the drive boards in games like Daytona, Outrun, things like that?

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

Re: Force Feedback new [Re: Naoki]
#242034 - 12/28/10 04:09 AM

Daytona I don't think will work as outputs need to be added to the model2 driver. Could have been done by now though I suppose.

For Outrun FFB try FBA. Works great.

http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair

bdam
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/13/07
Send PM

Re: Force Feedback new [Re: Naoki]
#242037 - 12/28/10 04:30 AM

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here. Are you looking for app-specific (ie. Mame Hooker) help or what it takes for a driver to be supported?

If it's the former, you'd probably get better answers in another forum. Specifically the arcade controls forum.

If it's the later, the driver needs to feed the relevant data to the output system. It's up to external program to interpret this into something meaningful for your controls.

In terms of accuracy, at least in the MAME sense of the word, you won't find it with a general consumer-level wheel. From what I gather, there's a lot of different ways FFB effects are generated and they all give a different feel.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3560