MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

Speed modded Jr. Pac-Man
#241586 - 12/19/10 08:47 AM

Had my first encounter with a turbo-speed modified Jr. Pac-Man this afternoon. I'd had no idea that such a thing even existed until then!

Pretty nasty surprise, too. The difficulty is greatly enhanced by the fact the scrolling is a hair sluggish; ghosts tend to pop up in your face out of nowhere with almost no time to react. I'd call it the exact opposite of the sped-up versions of the original and Ms. Pac-Man.

Kinda surprised this hasn't been dumped yet.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Send PM

Re: Speed modded Jr. Pac-Man new [Re: Firehawke]
#241587 - 12/19/10 09:02 AM

> Had my first encounter with a turbo-speed modified Jr. Pac-Man this afternoon. I'd
> had no idea that such a thing even existed until then!
>
> Pretty nasty surprise, too. The difficulty is greatly enhanced by the fact the
> scrolling is a hair sluggish; ghosts tend to pop up in your face out of nowhere with
> almost no time to react. I'd call it the exact opposite of the sped-up versions of
> the original and Ms. Pac-Man.
>
> Kinda surprised this hasn't been dumped yet.

Both the jrpacman and jrpacmbl sets have it implemented as a cheat, but it only appears to work in jrpacman.

swm3rd
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/03/09
Send PM

Re: Speed modded Jr. Pac-Man new [Re: Firehawke]
#242006 - 12/27/10 06:32 PM

I've only seen normal speed versions of Jr. Pac-Man. I haven't decided whether or not to use an old version of WolfMAME that has the speed up cheat enabled, because there's no official turbo speed dump yet. I've played Jr. Pac-Man (turbo) on Multicade machines that Twin Galaxies can't and don't accept for world records attempts. It's sad, because my best score is just over 3 million, and still had more than 600,000 to go, points-wise, before the killscreen.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

speed hack blows anyway (nt) new [Re: Firehawke]
#242227 - 12/30/10 11:48 AM

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 475 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1849