MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Outrun how you've changed my life
#241546 - 12/18/10 11:08 PM Attachment: large_light0730.JPG 126 KB (1 downloads)

Found myself driving towards an intersection today and noticed the crossing signal with the timer on it..you know that count down until the light turns red.

Cleared one today with a yellow light with 2 seconds left and inadvertently said out loud "Checkpoint!" and giggled.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Outrun how you've changed my life new [Re: Hizzout]
#241580 - 12/19/10 07:59 AM

> Found myself driving towards an intersection today and noticed the crossing signal
> with the timer on it..you know that count down until the light turns red.
>
> Cleared one today with a yellow light with 2 seconds left and inadvertently said out
> loud "Checkpoint!" and giggled.

Lol... Do those damned things still beep for the blind out there? Colorado Blvd has some of the most jazzy crossing signals I think I've ever seen.

I was always in awe coming from places like upper Wacker in Chi-town. You have exactly 4.8 seconds to get across 4 lanes, a barely visible signal, and cabbies doing U-turns to dodge.

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

#241589 - 12/19/10 10:54 AM

> Found myself driving towards an intersection today and noticed the crossing signal
> with the timer on it..you know that count down until the light turns red.
>
> Cleared one today with a yellow light with 2 seconds left and inadvertently said out
> loud "Checkpoint!" and giggled.

Is your car red? Was there a blonde woman sitting next to you?

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Outrun how you've changed my life new [Re: Pi]
#241594 - 12/19/10 04:21 PM

> > Found myself driving towards an intersection today and noticed the crossing signal
> > with the timer on it..you know that count down until the light turns red.
> >
> > Cleared one today with a yellow light with 2 seconds left and inadvertently said
> out
> > loud "Checkpoint!" and giggled.
>
> Is your car red? Was there a blonde woman sitting next to you?

...and did you have some (either) awesome (or cheesy) tunes blaring out from the radio?

LEVEL-4

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: Outrun how you've changed my life new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#241596 - 12/19/10 04:41 PM

> > > Found myself driving towards an intersection today and noticed the crossing
> signal
> > > with the timer on it..you know that count down until the light turns red.
> > >
> > > Cleared one today with a yellow light with 2 seconds left and inadvertently said
> > out
> > > loud "Checkpoint!" and giggled.
> >
> > Is your car red? Was there a blonde woman sitting next to you?
>
> ...and did you have some (either) awesome (or cheesy) tunes blaring out from the
> radio?

Soundsplash baby.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Outrun how you've changed my life new [Re: italie]
#241601 - 12/19/10 08:56 PM

When our city re-did streets & stuff we got the nice LED signals(that don't melt snow & ice off the lenses), cameras(so you can still sit and wait 10 minutes for the light to change) & crosswalk signals that not only beep but talk... What a waste of my tax dollars for a small town...that thinks it's bigger than it really is.

Now if only the traffic signals would play the countdown from Pole Position before it turns green...

Later...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Hizzout
Send PM

#241624 - 12/20/10 06:03 AM

They do still have those. Before we were married my wife lived in some apartments on Colorado Blvd. & Colfax...not the best part o town. Anyway her building had a lot of blind people living there so I'm sure the beeping lights were handy.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#241644 - 12/20/10 02:17 PM

> They do still have those. Before we were married my wife lived in some apartments on
> Colorado Blvd. & Colfax...not the best part o town. Anyway her building had a lot of
> blind people living there so I'm sure the beeping lights were handy.

I always chuckle when I hear about Colfax being the bad part of town. Sure you can get a hooker and some meth in the Subway parking lot, but it's relatively tame compared to other places I've seen. I always have to lead in to a story about an evening near 26th and California:

It was pretty late, and I was just getting back from attempting to bail a friend out of jail (interesting experience...). I was out of gas, and stopped at a corner Amamco. So we have a 19 year old white boy, in a classic hotrod ('67 mustang), pumping gas at 3AM in the heart of a pretty bad neighborhood.

Cops pull up behind me, turn on their lights as I'm pumping gas. They instruct me over the loudspeaker to come over to their vehicle. I wave them over as I had to keep holding on to the gas nozzle in that old car due to the rear fill pipe. They continue to wave me over to them. I finally head over and ask "What the hell did I do?" They respond with another question...."Do you know what they do to white boys around hear at this time of night?" Long story short, After an unsettling chat I let the officers know that I can handle myself (isn't teenage invincibility great?). They pull away laughing.

I've been in some pretty bad spots, but I always consider that one to be one of the worst even though nothing happened. You have to take notice when the cops won't even get out of their cars.

Hizzout
Send PM

#241648 - 12/20/10 04:35 PM

Yeah once you get over into the 20th and above streets you're entering 5-Points, which is I guess what you can consider the ghettos of Denver. It's not Detroit by any means, but it is sketchy at best in the daytime, and worse at night.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Colfax Point-Broken dreams and no ice creams -nt- new [Re: italie]
#241660 - 12/20/10 08:04 PM

> > They do still have those. Before we were married my wife lived in some apartments
> on
> > Colorado Blvd. & Colfax...not the best part o town. Anyway her building had a lot
> of
> > blind people living there so I'm sure the beeping lights were handy.
>
> I always chuckle when I hear about Colfax being the bad part of town. Sure you can
> get a hooker and some meth in the Subway parking lot, but it's relatively tame
> compared to other places I've seen. I always have to lead in to a story about an
> evening near 26th and California:
>
> .....
>
> It was pretty late, and I was just getting back from attempting to bail a friend out
> of jail (interesting experience...). I was out of gas, and stopped at a corner
> Amamco. So we have a 19 year old white boy, in a classic hotrod ('67 mustang),
> pumping gas at 3AM in the heart of a pretty bad neighborhood.
>
> Cops pull up behind me, turn on their lights as I'm pumping gas. They instruct me
> over the loudspeaker to come over to their vehicle. I wave them over as I had to keep
> holding on to the gas nozzle in that old car due to the rear fill pipe. They continue
> to wave me over to them. I finally head over and ask "What the hell did I do?" They
> respond with another question...."Do you know what they do to white boys around hear
> at this time of night?" Long story short, After an unsettling chat I let the officers
> know that I can handle myself (isn't teenage invincibility great?). They pull away
> laughing.
>
> .......
>
> I've been in some pretty bad spots, but I always consider that one to be one of the
> worst even though nothing happened. You have to take notice when the cops won't even
> get out of their cars.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 116 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1709