MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Toilets in Germany - WTF?
#241261 - 12/15/10 09:12 PM

http://asecular.com/~scott/misc/toilet.htm

Kevin Eshbach

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: keshbach1]
#241275 - 12/16/10 12:08 AM

> http://asecular.com/~scott/misc/toilet.htm
>
>
>
>
> Kevin Eshbach

Possibly related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6nmHzPCTdw

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#241277 - 12/16/10 12:30 AM

>
>
>
>
> Kevin Eshbach

These toilets are all over Europe.

My first time travelling through Europe, I saw (and used) one of these monstrosities for the first time and asked a bunch of people what the #@%&%^*! go was with the toilets.

Everyone said the same thing: the Germans were so pissed at losing the war(s), that they were trying to get even by inflicting these rotten toilets on as many other countries as they could. Most also added that the toilets in Germany were proper toilets, and that they only used these rotten toilets for countries they hated / wanted to get even with.

I travelled through Germany a few years later and was shocked by what I found.

Do the Germans have proper toilets ? Is this all a conspiracy theory ? Is it just a funny joke to ease the tension of having to use such rotten toilets ?

Hmmmmm ....

**** SPOILER ALERT ****
**** SPOILER ALERT ****
**** SPOILER ALERT ****

The Germans also use the same rotten toilets. If they are trying to get even with people, then they are also punishing themselves.

Moose

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: Moose]
#241281 - 12/16/10 12:50 AM

I'm sure Shima-Pong would agree.

LEVEL-4

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#241293 - 12/16/10 02:39 AM

>

Ain't that some shit...

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

#241367 - 12/16/10 09:01 PM

>
>
>
>
> Kevin Eshbach

Simply not true. Also, we have not just one or two systems like the one depicted. For the record: besides Moroccan (and African) 'toilets' in general, my second worst experiences were actual with U.S. toilets. They clog easily - our good German stuff will swallow almost everything mostly without additional work.

And another rant: while as in the U.S. you guys have stalls in the office where the walls are easily 20-30cm up from the ground, and with toilets not so high above the ground, ours are a) actually comfortable, because the height in which they are mounted is in nearly perfect sync with an 90 degree angled knee, and b) the walls are often running all the way down and also up. Perfect for having your own private session, whereas in the U.S. everyone hears what the other guy is up to,

keshbach1
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#241368 - 12/16/10 09:32 PM

> Simply not true.

The internetz says it so it must be true:

> And another rant: whileas in the U.S. you guys have stals in the office where the
> walls are easily 20-30cm up from the ground, and with toilets not so high above the
> ground, ours are a) actually comfortable, because the height in which they are
> mounted is in perfect sync with an 90 degree ankled knee, and b) the walls are often
> running all the way down and also up. Perfect for having your own private session,
> whereas in the U.S. everyone hears what the other guy is up to,

I don't know why that was done except maybe the original designer took a page from the fast food industry's book (McDonalds, Burger King, etc.) in that make the seating arrangements very uncomfortable so people don't start camping.

Kevin Eshbach

keshbach1
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: AWJ]
#241369 - 12/16/10 09:36 PM

> > http://asecular.com/~scott/misc/toilet.htm
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Kevin Eshbach
>
> Possibly related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6nmHzPCTdw

Does the next roll of the dice determine who gets to kancho the dog?

Kevin Eshbach

CrapBoardSoftware
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: AWJ]
#241383 - 12/16/10 10:54 PM

> > http://asecular.com/~scott/misc/toilet.htm
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Kevin Eshbach
>
> Possibly related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6nmHzPCTdw

O.M.F.G.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#241390 - 12/16/10 11:59 PM

> And another rant: while as in the U.S. you guys have stalls in the office where the
> walls are easily 20-30cm up from the ground, and with toilets not so high above the
> ground, ours are a) actually comfortable, because the height in which they are
> mounted is in nearly perfect sync with an 90 degree angled knee, and b) the walls are
> often running all the way down and also up. Perfect for having your own private
> session, whereas in the U.S. everyone hears what the other guy is up to,

Ehm... That kinda serves a function. If someone was in there and you didn't know it because the walls went all the way up and down and/or they didn't bother to lock the stall, or (activate) a sign saying it was occupied - then anyone could walk in on them doing you know what... or worse. Then again, I guess they could knock on the stall door. But it's much easier just to be able to see if someone is in there or not. Thus the gap at the bottom.

Or, if someone was unable to open the door for some strange/unforeseen reason - then they could crawl out from underneath.

Eta: ha-ha... Unless they were obese or something. They could try I guess.

Edited by T0M (12/17/10 12:01 AM)

LEVEL-4

CrapBoardSoftware
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#241485 - 12/18/10 02:45 AM

Good Reasons. Good reasons. Better keep sayin' that to yourself.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#241493 - 12/18/10 04:10 AM

> Good Reasons. Good reasons. Better keep sayin' that to yourself.

PUBLIC bathrooms and PRIVACY does not compute. For that we have our own bathrooms. :P

They're so public i prefer to avoid sit down, clean or not. If i need to go "number 2" so bad, i have no choice but to improvise.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#241496 - 12/18/10 05:48 AM

> And another rant: while as in the U.S. you guys have stalls in the office where the walls are easily 20-30cm up from the ground.

Well, yeah! How else are our senators supposed to meet new and exciting people.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: BIOS-D]
#241509 - 12/18/10 10:04 AM

> > Good Reasons. Good reasons. Better keep sayin' that to yourself.
>
> PUBLIC bathrooms and PRIVACY does not compute. For that we have our own bathrooms. :P
>
> They're so public i prefer to avoid sit down, clean or not. If i need to go "number
> 2" so bad, i have no choice but to improvise.

I think most people take a couple -about 4 or 5 sheets from the roll, place those down on each side so they don't come in direct contact with the toilet seat. That's what I always do when I have to do #2 in any other place but my own house.

LEVEL-4

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#241516 - 12/18/10 02:24 PM

>e a) actually comfortable, because the height in which they are
> mounted is in nearly perfect sync with an 90 degree angled knee,

It may be comfortable but apparently many believe that there are health benefits in squatting to poo so if the toilet gets you in a more squatting like position it may be better for you!

CrapBoardSoftware
Send PM

#241517 - 12/18/10 03:04 PM

> > > Good Reasons. Good reasons. Better keep sayin' that to yourself.
> >
> > PUBLIC bathrooms and PRIVACY does not compute. For that we have our own bathrooms.
> :P
> >
> > They're so public i prefer to avoid sit down, clean or not. If i need to go "number
> > 2" so bad, i have no choice but to improvise.
>
> I think most people take a couple -about 4 or 5 sheets from the roll, place those
> down on each side so they don't come in direct contact with the toilet seat. That's
> what I always do when I have to do #2 in any other place but my own house.

Right. Alt least wipe it before... Someday i'll take a photo of what i mean with having privacy

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

#241540 - 12/18/10 09:50 PM

> I think most people take a couple -about 4 or 5 sheets from the roll, place those
> down on each side so they don't come in direct contact with the toilet seat. That's

I'm just glad some public bathrooms have handlebars for people with physical disabilities, otherwise using the wall as support it's just fine. No need to sit down.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#241561 - 12/19/10 03:44 AM

I've always wondered what purpose this serves. A couple of wipes with a square of TP is more effective at removing anything visible from the seat. And you're kidding yourself if you think a couple of millimeters of porous tissue paper is doing anything to protect you from germs.

I say screw it, I don't have the patience to make an ass gasket out of TP or mess around that stupid paper cowboy hat they give you in some bathrooms. Wipe the seat down and park it, or if the bathroom is *that* dirty, move on and find a cleaner one.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: DMala]
#241562 - 12/19/10 04:18 AM

> And you're kidding
> yourself if you think a couple of millimeters of porous tissue paper is doing
> anything to protect you from germs.
>

Well.... uh.... Maybe the seat is cold. Yeah. Cold seat.

LEVEL-4

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: BIOS-D]
#241585 - 12/19/10 08:45 AM

> > I think most people take a couple -about 4 or 5 sheets from the roll, place those
> > down on each side so they don't come in direct contact with the toilet seat. That's
> > what I always do when I have to do #2 in any other place but my own house.
>
> I'm just glad some public bathrooms have handlebars for people with physical
> disabilities, otherwise using the wall as support it's just fine. No need to sit
> down.

Using the wall as support causes the defective door latch to release the door, which then swings open in your face at a time when you have no hands free to do anything about it.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: Fever]
#241588 - 12/19/10 09:05 AM

> > e a) actually comfortable, because the height in which they are
> > mounted is in nearly perfect sync with an 90 degree angled knee,
>
> It may be comfortable but apparently many believe that there are health benefits in
> squatting to poo so if the toilet gets you in a more squatting like position it may
> be better for you!

The potty for the office restroom where I work... I swear the seat on that is just a bit higher than most other toilets. And sometimes, I don't know why, but it kills one of my hamstring. >_<

eh, just an fyi.

LEVEL-4

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Toilets in Germany - WTF? new [Re: TriggerFin]
#241599 - 12/19/10 07:46 PM

> Using the wall as support causes the defective door latch to release the door, which
> then swings open in your face at a time when you have no hands free to do anything
> about it.

That's why you'll do it quick and alone. Good thing bathrooms have "stalls where the walls are easily 20-30cm up from the ground" to check. Besides, how could we pass top secret documents and messages under? Flying suitcases and cellphones are too suspicious.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 296 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2760