MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Anybody here know Tarot?
#241066 - 12/13/10 06:30 AM

Just curious... I bought a deck and a 'how to' and after reading the book just once started doing readings for the hell of it...

People now think I'm psychic.

I'm not psychic... you're just impressionable, haw.

Kind of scary how accurate the readings seem to be. Imagine someone practiced at it, how much more adept they'd be at garnering details from their "Querant."

All the same, it's funner than I thought... and near-strangers will reveal the most intimate secrets when they think that's what their cards are alluding to.

This girl, based on where her reading was going, confessed to having a threesome with her husband and one of his male friends... did NOT see that one coming.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Anybody here know Tarot? new [Re: GatKong]
#241075 - 12/13/10 07:54 AM

> This girl, based on where her reading was going, confessed to having a threesome with
> her husband and one of his male friends... did NOT see that one coming.

I picked up a deck for fun when I was around 20, found the same results. Brought them out at a few parties, good ice breaker. Drunk chicks dig 'em to the point I never actually bothered learning to use them properly. Didn't have to.

"Hmmm, that's odd...this card says you'll be spending an amazing night with someone you just met... "

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Anybody here know Tarot? new [Re: GatKong]
#241134 - 12/14/10 02:13 AM

> I'm not psychic... you're just impressionable, haw.

Forer's effect. Look it up in Wikipedia. I always mention it whenever a friend says that they've gone to a card reader who was spot-on.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 338 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 927