MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Directx
#239229 - 11/18/10 01:55 AM Attachment: Minesweeper.PNG 538 KB (0 downloads)

I keep having problems with DirectX and my PC. It used to only affect me on RuneScape after the fan on my graphics card got caught for a few seconds. It's worked fine since, except with DirectX things. It always messes up the gaphics on the games and it's starting to irritate me. anyone know of the solution?

I have a GeForce 7600 GS AGP installed.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Directx new [Re: Naoki]
#239236 - 11/18/10 02:33 AM

> I keep having problems with DirectX and my PC. It used to only affect me on RuneScape
> after the fan on my graphics card got caught for a few seconds. It's worked fine
> since, except with DirectX things. It always messes up the gaphics on the games and
> it's starting to irritate me. anyone know of the solution?
>
> I have a GeForce 7600 GS AGP installed.

Get a new video card.

The CPU on your video card might have suffered some heat damage from the fan not running for a few seconds.

Naoki
Send PM

Re: Directx new [Re: Foxhack]
#239237 - 11/18/10 02:37 AM

Does it make a difference that OpenGL or any other system works though?

----

By gods I've found it!

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Reged: 01/03/08
Send PM

#239238 - 11/18/10 02:41 AM

What you have there might be video driver related along with being a damaged card. I've seen stuff like that on DirectX games. I've updated my drivers and haven't seen it since. This is just my opinion as it could be something else, but just going by experience. It could very well be the card.

Naoki
Send PM

Re: Directx new [Re: TheBigAmbulance]
#239239 - 11/18/10 02:43 AM

Gah I hope not. I'll upgrade the drivers and see if there's a difference. Thanks

----

By gods I've found it!

Reznor007
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Norman, OK, USA
Send PM

#239240 - 11/18/10 02:44 AM

Make sure you have the most current drivers installed just in case, but it looks like a overheat issue.

Naoki
Send PM

Re: Directx new [Re: Reznor007]
#239247 - 11/18/10 04:02 AM Attachment: Minesweeper 3.PNG 546 KB (1 downloads)

Gah I'm begining to believe you, Drivers seemed to worsen the affects

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

----

By gods I've found it!

Naoki
Send PM

#239248 - 11/18/10 04:05 AM Attachment: Chess.PNG 714 KB (0 downloads)

Yeah, Chess turned into a jousting arena.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

----

By gods I've found it!

tamalmalamarrado
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/10/07
Send PM

#239254 - 11/18/10 04:24 AM

Naaaaaaah, you are using wine..... or, maybe you are developing a MESS driver to run Windows, jajajajajajajajaja.

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

#239256 - 11/18/10 04:54 AM

Interesting effects. Dont know why graphical artifacts always make interesting patterns.

However, you *may* want to run one of the many system memory tests out there as well. It could be a bad memory chip/controller too? Think the live knoppix cd live ubuntu have a memory test at startup. If it is vista or win 7 you can ask for a memory test on reboot.

http://www.tomstricks.com/how-to-test-yo...l-in-windows-7/

Naoki
Send PM

Re: Directx new [Re: lharms]
#239299 - 11/18/10 08:42 PM

Did that, reooted, but since the system fatally freezes after so long, I couldn't verify the results. So, I've reverted to WIndows 7's default driver for the 7600 GS so it won't crash.

----

By gods I've found it!

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

#239305 - 11/18/10 09:49 PM

> Did that, reooted, but since the system fatally freezes after so long, I couldn't
> verify the results. So, I've reverted to WIndows 7's default driver for the 7600 GS
> so it won't crash.

You really need to replace that video card. I replaced my computer a couple of months ago when it would randomly reboot itself every couple of hours until it would reboot every few minutes. I didn't spend any time trouble shooting if it was the video card or not because the onboard nic died earlier and the usb ports started to fail to recognize a usb hard drive that worked before (and worked perfectly fine on another computer). For some strange reason the last three computers I have owned all had the onboard nic card die a year in advance before the rest of the computer croaked.

Kevin Eshbach

Naoki
Send PM

Re: Directx new [Re: keshbach1]
#239319 - 11/19/10 12:49 AM

Freaky... One of my Pentium 4 board's southbridge (i think) died. It managed to short inside and now it heats up way to hot een when it's not switched on... Hmm, but I'll have a look into a new card Thanks

----

By gods I've found it!

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: Directx new [Re: keshbach1]
#239352 - 11/19/10 11:45 AM

> > Did that, reooted, but since the system fatally freezes after so long, I couldn't
> > verify the results. So, I've reverted to WIndows 7's default driver for the 7600 GS
> > so it won't crash.
>
> You really need to replace that video card. I replaced my computer a couple of months
> ago when it would randomly reboot itself every couple of hours until it would reboot
> every few minutes. I didn't spend any time trouble shooting if it was the video card
> or not because the onboard nic died earlier and the usb ports started to fail to
> recognize a usb hard drive that worked before (and worked perfectly fine on another
> computer). For some strange reason the last three computers I have owned all had the
> onboard nic card die a year in advance before the rest of the computer croaked.
>
>
> Kevin Eshbach

Maybe it was "just" the PSU. Had the same issues with the now famous cheap capacitors that cracked up.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: Directx new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#239391 - 11/19/10 09:58 PM

> Maybe it was "just" the PSU. Had the same issues with the now famous cheap capacitors
> that cracked up.

I don't know but every time I replaced my computer I bought a new power supply and case. I did look at the caps on the motherboard and they always looked fine. No scorched areas or exploded caps. I attributed the high failure rate I was experiencing to the fact that the cpu's, gpu's, etc. are running so hot these days for the increased performance that this is shortening their lifetime.

Kevin Eshbach

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 285 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1597