MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
#239161 - 11/17/10 06:08 AM

I rented "Scott Pilgrim" late Saturday night.

I have now watched it three times.

Great movie. Indie rock, chiptunes, "8-bit videogame" references throughout, arcade gaming references (particularly fighters). Cult movie written all over it. I'm now sad I didn't see it in the theater.

Although Michael Cera is a little grating at times, because he's Michael Cera.

- Stiletto

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World new [Re: Stiletto]
#239163 - 11/17/10 06:34 AM

> I rented "Scott Pilgrim" late Saturday night.
>
> I have now watched it three times.
>
> Great movie. Indie rock, chiptunes, "8-bit videogame" references throughout, arcade
> gaming references (particularly fighters). Cult movie written all over it. I'm now
> sad I didn't see it in the theater.
>
> Although Michael Cera is a little grating at times, because he's Michael Cera.

Saw this in the theater without knowing much of anything about it ahead of time and was very pleasantly surprised. To me, Michael Cera is mostly annoying because he plays the *same* damned character in every movie. It's a funny character, but move on already. It could have been worse, they could have gotten Not Michael Cera.

It's also pretty funny that in the comic, Sex Bob-Om is supposed to suck. Supposedly all of their songs in the movie were written by Beck.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World new [Re: DMala]
#239165 - 11/17/10 06:41 AM

> It's also pretty funny that in the comic, Sex Bob-Om is supposed to suck. Supposedly
> all of their songs in the movie were written by Beck.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna watch it a fourth time with commentary. Not sure if all the songs were by Beck, but at least one song is ("Ramona"). I may buy the soundtrack too (long-time Beck fan, saw him once in concert in 2008.)

I guess I'm going to have to read the graphic novels too now...

- Stiletto

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#239166 - 11/17/10 06:51 AM Attachment: justcause.jpg 136 KB (1 downloads)

Just because you sniff around mine asshole for post content and hate on the greatest comedy character of all time doesn't mean you are always wrong. You sumnumnabitch.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#239168 - 11/17/10 07:21 AM

> I rented "Scott Pilgrim" late Saturday night.
>
> I have now watched it three times.
>
> Great movie. Indie rock, chiptunes, "8-bit videogame" references throughout, arcade
> gaming references (particularly fighters). Cult movie written all over it. I'm now
> sad I didn't see it in the theater.
>
> Although Michael Cera is a little grating at times, because he's Michael Cera.
>
>
> - Stiletto

I saw it on Monday because no single theater outside of one fucking city in the entire fucking country got the movie. I was about to PIRATE IT (they left me no choice) but a friend brought the Region 1 import DVD.

I was bored for the first half hour, but once the fights started and the characters began to DO stuff, it wasn't bad. Some of the story is very different from the comics, which was a good call in some parts, but weird in others.

My review in ten words: "Fuck you, Michael Cera, I'm not supposed to like you!"

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2524