Pages: 1

ReadOnly
MESSfan
Reged: 10/24/10
Loc: Paris La Défense
Send PM

clrmame "missing but fixable" chd
#238847 - 11/13/10 07:32 PM

emulab.it seems to hate me, can't register there so please allow me to ask here.

Roman, what's with the "missing but fixable" chd message?
For example:

Cube Quest (12/30/83) [folder: cubeqsta - parent: cubeqst - size: 154kb]
missing but fixable (-> cubeqst) chd: cubeqst.chd [chd-sha1: d0e24bb5d0ae424e0816110ec7d6b21189044d57]

I tried to run cubeqsta in MAME and it runs just fine, no need for a duplicate chd. So can you remove this message please?

Or if you insist on keeping it, at least please create an option to turn it off.

Thanks

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: clrmame "missing but fixable" chd new [Re: ReadOnly]
#238851 - 11/13/10 08:27 PM

First of all, please use the clrmamepro forum.

Be sure you got Profiler->Options->Parse Disk Merge Tags enabled and you're using a datfile which uses them...preferable a direct MAME data import instead of a 3rd party dat.

Then of course you should not use unmerged sets...otherwise you'd need to double the file.

So, generally, the message means that a file is missing but cmpro found it somewhere in your paths and is able to fix it directly but you're right, normally you don't need to double it....depending on the used settings/database

ReadOnly
MESSfan
Reged: 10/24/10
Loc: Paris La Défense
Send PM

Re: clrmame "missing but fixable" chd new [Re: Roman]
#238886 - 11/14/10 08:27 AM

> First of all, please use the clrmamepro forum.

I am sorry but I can't complete registration there, it seems my whole IP range has been labeled as spam by your forums. I have sent two emails to simone to say that I wasn't a bot nor a spammer but he didn't answer me. My nick is "Read Only" (with a space) in your forums, so if you can do anything to fix it, I would be grateful.

> Be sure you got Profiler->Options->Parse Disk Merge Tags enabled and you're using a
> datfile which uses them...preferable a direct MAME data import instead of a 3rd party
> dat.

That's how it is set currently and I use direct MAME data import.

> Then of course you should not use unmerged sets...otherwise you'd need to double the
> file.
>
> So, generally, the message means that a file is missing but cmpro found it somewhere
> in your paths and is able to fix it directly but you're right, normally you don't
> need to double it....depending on the used settings/database

I understand now, so this is happening because I use non-merged sets. I knew what merged set meant, but to be honest I had no idea what was the difference between Non-merged and Split set, and since Non-merged was the default option at the time when I first downloaded cmpro I just didn't touch it. Now I have finally understood the difference and knowing a bit how the parent/clone relationship is working in the MAME source code, I realize "Split set" is exactly what MAME needs, and that I was having a lot of unneeded dupes, damn! I have rebuilded a Split set and now I don't have the "missing but fixable" message anymore. Thank you very much Roman.

Lol did I just get rid of 14 Gigs?

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: clrmame "missing but fixable" chd new [Re: ReadOnly]
#238887 - 11/14/10 08:51 AM

nonmerged was never the default when the dat/exe got parent clone relationships. split merged is. using non merged sets is indeed a pure waste of space.
Anyway, problem solved

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 376 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3795