MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Britland
Send PM

They brought the red box back!
#238844 - 11/13/10 06:57 PM

It's the geekyest thing EVA but who else feels nostalgic about this:
teh red box, yo!
Go on - Admit!

Edited by Fever (11/13/10 06:57 PM)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: They brought the red box back! new [Re: Fever]
#238914 - 11/14/10 08:55 PM

Non-A, original rules?

Never actually played that. Box copy lies. The "ultimate" game of something never gets superseded in any way.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: They brought the red box back! new [Re: Fever]
#238928 - 11/15/10 02:46 AM

I'm not ashamed to admit I was an avid D&D'er. As a kid me and my friends pulled many an all-nighter, and I had me a wicked set of zinc dice. Although now that I'm older it interests me not. I could care less (oh yes, there is room for me to care even less than I do now, even though I don't care very much to begin with). I tried to be interested again for my children's sake... and was amazed it bored me silly, and since they didn't seem to enjoy the non-digital zero-definition characteristics of it either, I once again mothballed all my stuff. Better to leave the fond memories as they were.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: They brought the red box back! new [Re: GatKong]
#238930 - 11/15/10 03:06 AM

> I could care less (oh yes, there is room for me to care even less than I do now, even though I don't care very much to begin with).

*lol*

I had the red and blue boxes, I got them for Christmas some time in the late 80's. They have disappeared long time ago and I have no idea what happened to them.

I used to play D&D with the drummer and guitarist from C64 cover band 'Press Play On Tape' and 2-3 other divergent geeks that lived in the small town where I used to live as a teenager. We were a very unpopular group of people.

I lost interest in D&D after a dramatic session where my character had to wear 'the magic slippers of flip flop'.

S

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Send PM

Re: They brought the red box back! new [Re: Sune]
#239136 - 11/17/10 12:49 AM

> I used to play D&D with the drummer and guitarist from C64 cover band 'Press Play On
> Tape' and 2-3 other divergent geeks that lived in the small town where I used to live
> as a teenager. We were a very unpopular group of people.
>

LOL 'C64 cover band' that's awesome - Rob Hubbard is a god!

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Send PM

Re: They brought the red box back! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#239137 - 11/17/10 12:58 AM

> Non-A, original rules?
>

Nah When Wizards of the Coast bought out TSR they folded the 2 sets of rules into 'D&D 3rd edition' - they're on 4th Ed rules now

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 363 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1455