MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

FMecha
MAME's (Armchair) Motorsports Consultant
Reged: 01/18/09
Send PM

Deleted and demoted set list
#238711 - 11/12/10 06:23 AM

Can I get name for MAME sets that was demoted (from working to not working anymore) and sets that was removed from MAME?

Thanks before.

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

MAWS? [nt] new [Re: FMecha]
#238757 - 11/12/10 06:33 PM

> Can I get name for MAME sets that was demoted (from working to not working anymore)
> and sets that was removed from MAME?
>
> Thanks before.

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

FMecha
MAME's (Armchair) Motorsports Consultant
Reged: 01/18/09
Send PM

Re: MAWS? [nt] new [Re: abelenki]
#238766 - 11/12/10 08:31 PM

^ Heh, I only note some few games being demoted to GNW, with 2 in my MAME collection (World Grand Prix and World Rally 2 to name them). I want further list.

As for the reason why I asked for the deleted set list is this: http://www.mametesters.org/view.php?id=2967

Apparently atworld and atworlda was deleted following fujix's comment of the bug report. I got interested, and I got asked.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: MAWS? [nt] new [Re: FMecha]
#238778 - 11/12/10 10:27 PM

> Apparently atworld and atworlda was deleted following fujix's comment of the bug
> report. I got interested, and I got asked.

Demotion or removal of games is extremely rare, so it's going to be hard to track for that reason.

atworld/atworlda can of course be re-added in about 6 weeks.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: MAWS? [nt] new [Re: FMecha]
#238810 - 11/13/10 04:23 AM

Usually games are only demoted to GNW when massive core or driver changes have taken place (see NES-based games in both MAME and MESS earlier this year), or games which in actual fact have never really worked in the first place (the Tekken 3 Ver.A dumps are an example of non-working games still listed as working, but in fact have never worked properly since being dumped, also producing the same results in non-public test versions of ZiNc back in 2004 or so).

Bang Bead (Prototype) [bangbedp] was removed from MAME as of 0.69 when another (real) Bang Bead set was added. The 'prototype' set turned out to be a decrypted bootleg/hack of the original version with a 100% match after comparing both sets after decryption of bangbead. On the real board/cartridge, only the physical ROM chips are different (bangbedp uses more smaller capacity ROMs), and the 'prototype' uses the S1 ROM, of which encrypted NeoGeo games do not.

Also, a few 'recent' Cave games were removed a while ago due to the company's request. Better to have a handful of non-rare games removed for the time being rather than having MAME itself removed.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Deleted and demoted set list new [Re: FMecha]
#238825 - 11/13/10 02:55 PM

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

Re: Deleted and demoted set list new [Re: Robbbert]
#238841 - 11/13/10 06:12 PM

> Also, there was a set whose name escapes me, but after it was posted the submitter's
> hard drive crashed and the roms were lost forever. That was around 0.61.

raflesiu or something...

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 545 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2182