Pages: 1

Cable
retro gamer
Reged: 08/30/08
Loc: UK
Send PM

Demul WIP Model 3
#238203 - 11/06/10 04:58 PM

I wont say which site I spotted this on but it showed Demul running some sega model 3 games! (also new naomi games ring out 4x4) I know this has been hinted at recently but it looks like its actualy happening. I dont know about you guys but I havent been so excited about a new system being emulated in years.

Edited by Cable (11/06/10 05:09 PM)

Heywood Floyd
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/11/07
Send PM

Re: Demul WIP Model 3 new [Re: Cable]
#238211 - 11/06/10 06:31 PM

> I wont say which site I spotted this on but it showed Demul running some sega model 3
> games! (also new naomi games ring out 4x4) I know this has been hinted at recently
> but it looks like its actualy happening. I dont know about you guys but I havent been
> so excited about a new system being emulated in years.

I saw those pictures earlier. Great stuff demul team! Model 3 is a superior system.

ArcadeHeroes

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

Re: Demul WIP Model 3 new [Re: Heywood Floyd]
#238249 - 11/07/10 06:20 AM

*utterly shocked and speechless*....

karadaniano
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/13/09
Send PM

#238413 - 11/09/10 06:14 AM

i dont want to be excited you know...
...remember supermodel?
but i dont know, demul guys gave us a lot of surprises, so i think they have the potential to make a properly model 3 emu, i only hope they dont give up
DEMUL FTW!

arcade FTW

Cable
retro gamer
Send PM

Re: Demul WIP Model 3 new [Re: karadaniano]
#238447 - 11/09/10 01:35 PM

I just hope you won't need a really high spec pc to run the games once the demul guys have them working

kitaeren
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/09/06
Send PM

#239061 - 11/16/10 06:21 AM

Does anyone know where I can go to learn how to setup Demul? I really want to play Dolphin Blue but I can't find a tutorial anywhere on how to set up this emulator. There doesn't seem to be support anywhere for this thing. Please help.

Thanks.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Demul WIP Model 3 new [Re: kitaeren]
#239063 - 11/16/10 06:26 AM

> Does anyone know where I can go to learn how to setup Demul? I really want to play
> Dolphin Blue but I can't find a tutorial anywhere on how to set up this emulator.
> There doesn't seem to be support anywhere for this thing. Please help.
>
> Thanks.

I don't understand how it needs a guide. You put MAME-compatible BIOS and game sets in the roms folder and they play.

kitaeren
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/09/06
Send PM

Re: Demul WIP Model 3 new [Re: R. Belmont]
#239069 - 11/16/10 07:26 AM

It's not working for me. I've tried Naomi and Atomiswave games and I am getting a Unable to Load error.

I am new to this emulator and have not been able to get it to run a game yet. I haven't tried running a dreamcast game yet, but the atomiswave and naomi games always give me the Unable to load error. I've tried using the decrypted rom thing first, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I put the bios files in the roms folder and left the plugins folder alone. I've tried Dolphin Blue and 18 Wheeler but neither one are working. Both Dolphin Blue and 18 Wheeler are from my mame set 0.138 and I put those in the folder but this is still not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My rough system specs:

Windows XP Service Pack 3
2 Nvidia 8800GTX SLI
2.5 GB of Ram
Dual-core 3.0ghz processor

ReadOnly
MESSfan
Reged: 10/24/10
Loc: Paris La Défense
Send PM

#239071 - 11/16/10 07:47 AM

Demul is my Dreamcast emulator.

Maybe you can PM me a link, I won't spill it I promise.

karadaniano
MAME Fan
Send PM

#239072 - 11/16/10 08:14 AM

i was wondering if the documentation of the model 3 is enough to go ahead with a fully emulation
and if the missing sound have a solution

arcade FTW

ReadOnly
MESSfan
Send PM

Re: Demul WIP Model 3 new [Re: ReadOnly]
#239073 - 11/16/10 08:40 AM

Nevermind, I checked model 3 shots at system16.com.
I am very unimpressed.

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

#239074 - 11/16/10 09:46 AM

> Nevermind, I checked model 3 shots at system16.com.
> I am very unimpressed.

what you unimpressed with??

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

#239080 - 11/16/10 10:04 AM

search the subject on google...

Cable
retro gamer
Send PM

#239084 - 11/16/10 10:28 AM

Which Bios have you put in the rom folder? Have you double checked your paths?

MetalliC
Demul/MAME dev
Reged: 03/20/09
Loc: UA
Send PM

#239085 - 11/16/10 11:12 AM

"Unable to load" error appears because emulator can't load one or more plugins.
Be sure you have installed latest DirectX and MSVC2010 runtimes, also check plugins directory in the settings.

ReadOnly
MESSfan
Send PM

Re: Demul WIP Model 3 new [Re: Outrun2006]
#239089 - 11/16/10 01:09 PM

> > Nevermind, I checked model 3 shots at system16.com.
> > I am very unimpressed.
>
> what you unimpressed with??

Let's not start a console war. ^_^

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#239132 - 11/16/10 11:05 PM

> i was wondering if the documentation of the model 3 is enough to go ahead with a
> fully emulation
> and if the missing sound have a solution

The MAME source documents everything anyone knows about the Model 3, including sound.

I'm amused that people continue to try and pit emulation authors against each other like some sort of weird Pokemon though. Sorry boys, we're pretty much all cooperating with each other, especially on Naomi and AW stuff

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#239162 - 11/17/10 06:32 AM Attachment: 20010212h-edit.JPG 89 KB (0 downloads)

> I'm amused that people continue to try and pit emulation authors against each other
> like some sort of weird Pokemon though.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

karadaniano
MAME Fan
Send PM

#239171 - 11/17/10 09:35 AM

im sorry if i seem to pit emu autors against each others, did i say something like that?, i only had a doubt cause i dont know very much about the board.
btw im not a guy that presume the best dumps, or insult another autor cause he is dumping a game that he wants to dump, nope the fight can only be started from insidde.
if the autors work together and put in a side their "ego" it will be way better for the emulation community, im not interested in dev fights, but its funny to see one i recognize it
btw the devs fight is a fact and a shame in my opinion, dont blame other people for that...

arcade FTW

Cable
retro gamer
Send PM

#239173 - 11/17/10 10:18 AM

You obviously dont have a clue whats going on. Both the Demul and Makaron guys help the Mame devs and they give advice in return. It looks like you have got yourself pissed off at a situation that doesnt excist

Cable
retro gamer
Send PM

#239175 - 11/17/10 10:28 AM

The reason Ive found this so exciting is not just to be able to play these games again but that the knowlege learned could be shared with the Mame devs and it can help to progress the Model 3 games in Mame. Its not a case of, oh look demul etc is better than Mame like some people are thinking. No they are both amazing in their own way. We should be happy and greatfull for them both

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

your post is ridiculous. please keep entertaining us *nt* new [Re: karadaniano]
#239178 - 11/17/10 11:04 AM

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: Demul WIP Model 3 new [Re: Outrun2006]
#239181 - 11/17/10 12:45 PM

> > Nevermind, I checked model 3 shots at system16.com.
> > I am very unimpressed.
>
> what you unimpressed with??

Hmm. I find Sega's X/Y-Boards technically (and graphically) more interesting subjects. Model 3 is just typical (unrealistically lit) mid- to end-90's 3D. There are good games but nothing to start a hype over it.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

#239182 - 11/17/10 12:58 PM

> My rough system specs:
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 3
> 2 Nvidia 8800GTX SLI
> 2.5 GB of Ram
> Dual-core 3.0ghz processor

Why do people always post such specs?

Much more important is the software environment, both regarding to the System as well as the the software used for any emulator/game. Especially runtimes and drivers have to be known.

ShimaPong
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/12/05
Send PM

#239286 - 11/18/10 04:57 PM

> the knowlege learned could be shared with the Mame devs and it can help to progress the Model 3 games in Mame.

MAME devs? No, an authour for illigal MAME. He will create MAME with plug-in system to "enjoy" playing the game than the emulation.

> demul etc is better than Mame like some people are thinking.

Why some people (and you) does think so ? ...I guess these emulators are better to "enjoy" playing the game comfortably than MAME.
So some MAME with "hack" (not correct emulation) is still respected and even some respecter requests to official.
But I think base concept between MAME and other emulators is different so that comparing both in the same line is so strange.

> We should be happy and greatfull for them both

It may be very happy and greatest for some people who think an emulator is a toy of free game and all ROM images are "downloadable" freely from the internet.
Copylight ...? Emulation ...?? What is it? Does it taste good? ... they may say so.

"Any company has no power to stop people emulating"
MAME is the emulator of no giving in the pressure from any company even if they don't allow

Cable
retro gamer
Send PM

Re: Demul WIP Model 3 new [Re: ShimaPong]
#239308 - 11/18/10 10:33 PM

What a bloody shock that you of all people on this forum would take what I said and twist it! Again you make little or no sense with your comments. Do yourself and the rest of us a favour and either learn english so you can understand the posts or get a better translator!

> > the knowlege learned could be shared with the Mame devs and it can help to progress the Model 3 games in Mame.

> MAME devs? No, an authour for illigal MAME. He will create MAME with plug-in system
> to "enjoy" playing the game than the emulation.

If you bother to check out posts from the last year or so you will see that the mame devs talk to Deunan Knute and CaH4e3 and no doubt others.
>
> > demul etc is better than Mame like some people are thinking.
>
> Why some people (and you) does think so ? ...I guess these emulators are better to
> "enjoy" playing the game comfortably than MAME.
> So some MAME with "hack" (not correct emulation) is still respected and even some
> respecter requests to official.
> But I think base concept between MAME and other emulators is different so that
> comparing both in the same line is so strange.
>
> > We should be happy and greatfull for them both
>
> It may be very happy and greatest for some people who think an emulator is a toy of
> free game and all ROM images are "downloadable" freely from the internet.
> Copylight ...? Emulation ...?? What is it? Does it taste good? ... they may say so.

Read whats below and tell me how you came up with your crap. I own two model 3 boards and have access to several naomi machines so dont preach to me! Oh and by the way Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator! If you dont agree with emulation then why are you here?
Its not a case of, oh look demul etc is better than Mame like some people are thinking. No they are both amazing in their own way. We should be happy and greatfull for them both

karadaniano
MAME Fan
Send PM

#239411 - 11/20/10 09:09 AM

> What a bloody shock that you of all people on this forum would take what I said and
> twist it! Again you make little or no sense with your comments. Do yourself and the
> rest of us a favour and either learn english so you can understand the posts or get a
> better translator!
>
>
> > > the knowlege learned could be shared with the Mame devs and it can help to
> progress the Model 3 games in Mame.
>
> > MAME devs? No, an authour for illigal MAME. He will create MAME with plug-in system
> > to "enjoy" playing the game than the emulation.
>
> If you bother to check out posts from the last year or so you will see that the mame
> devs talk to Deunan Knute and CaH4e3 and no doubt others.
> >
> > > demul etc is better than Mame like some people are thinking.
> >
> > Why some people (and you) does think so ? ...I guess these emulators are better to
> > "enjoy" playing the game comfortably than MAME.
> > So some MAME with "hack" (not correct emulation) is still respected and even some
> > respecter requests to official.
> > But I think base concept between MAME and other emulators is different so that
> > comparing both in the same line is so strange.
> >
> > > We should be happy and greatfull for them both
> >
> > It may be very happy and greatest for some people who think an emulator is a toy of
> > free game and all ROM images are "downloadable" freely from the internet.
> > Copylight ...? Emulation ...?? What is it? Does it taste good? ... they may say so.
>
>
> Read whats below and tell me how you came up with your crap. I own two model 3 boards
> and have access to several naomi machines so dont preach to me! Oh and by the way
> Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator! If you dont agree with emulation then why are you
> here?
> Its not a case of, oh look demul etc is better than Mame like some people are
> thinking. No they are both amazing in their own way. We should be happy and greatfull
> for them both

from the start...
...i know mame, and demul devs work together.
if someone loves demul cause he can play naomi games with hardware acceleration, what is bad with that?
i personally love sega, and demul guys love it to, its obvious that i will feel something special for their project
i respect mame with no doubt

btw we have to stop doing off top comments

arcade FTW

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6353