MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

I'm such a geek
#238176 - 11/06/10 03:39 AM

Is it wrong that I feel pleasure in playing Super Mario Brothers on my iPhone 4... using a Wiimote?

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: I'm such a geek new [Re: URherenow]
#238213 - 11/06/10 07:36 PM

> Is it wrong that I feel pleasure in playing Super Mario Brothers on my iPhone 4...
> using a Wiimote?

I think if you were doing it on a droid you'd be a geek. Using the iPhone makes you a dork.

Sorry, 50% of us sharing this phone plan want an iPhone, the other 50% want a droid.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

DaffyDuck
As silly/crazy as possible
Reged: 10/04/06
Send PM

Re: I'm such a geek new [Re: Gor]
#238215 - 11/06/10 07:53 PM

> > Is it wrong that I feel pleasure in playing Super Mario Brothers on my iPhone 4...
> > using a Wiimote?
>
> I think if you were doing it on a droid you'd be a geek. Using the iPhone makes you a
> dork.
>
>
>
>
> Sorry, 50% of us sharing this phone plan want an iPhone, the other 50% want a droid.

Daffy Duck

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: I'm such a geek new [Re: DaffyDuck]
#238235 - 11/07/10 12:11 AM

> > > Is it wrong that I feel pleasure in playing Super Mario Brothers on my iPhone
> 4...
> > > using a Wiimote?
> >
> > I think if you were doing it on a droid you'd be a geek. Using the iPhone makes you
> a
> > dork.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Sorry, 50% of us sharing this phone plan want an iPhone, the other 50% want a
> droid.

Have they resolved the iPhone 4 issues yet?

URherenow
Send PM

Re: I'm such a geek new [Re: TriggerFin]
#238263 - 11/07/10 04:57 PM

I just got mine a week ago and haven't had any isues at all.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: I'm such a geek new [Re: URherenow]
#238342 - 11/08/10 03:23 PM

> I just got mine a week ago and haven't had any isues at all.

At the very least, AT&T's network was redefining "suck," even at the unveiling.

Personally, I live in area with good Verizon coverage and not much else, but I don't know if 4G is available.

Still have no cell phone.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Jeg er en kæmpe-nørd new [Re: URherenow]
#238363 - 11/08/10 06:37 PM

> Is it wrong that I feel pleasure in playing Super Mario Brothers on my iPhone 4...
> using a Wiimote?

URherenow
Send PM

Umm... You can run AndroidOS on an iPhone dude new [Re: Gor]
#238920 - 11/14/10 11:17 PM

"If you want to checkout Android then you can now install it on a jailbroken iPhone 3G and iPhone 2G thanks to a jailbreak app called Bootlace available on the Cydia App Store.

Bootlace makes it quite easy to install Android OS 2.2.1 Froyo on the iPhone."

so tell me again how a droid phone is better?

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Umm... You can run AndroidOS on an iPhone dude new [Re: URherenow]
#238993 - 11/15/10 06:38 PM Attachment: iphone.png 22 KB (1 downloads)

> "If you want to checkout Android then you can now install it on a jailbroken iPhone
> 3G and iPhone 2G thanks to a jailbreak app called Bootlace available on the Cydia App
> Store.
>
> Bootlace makes it quite easy to install Android OS 2.2.1 Froyo on the iPhone."
>
> so tell me again how a droid phone is better?

I never said it was better, and I own neither, so I really don't have a horse in this race. I have no interest
in some PS3 VERSUS XBOX360 type pissing match either. My only experience with either phone has been
trying out my neighbor's iPhone 4 when he was showing us all the cool stuff it could do, which is one of
the things he does in his job daily as an Apple consulting engineer.

From the reviews I seen, I'm guessing whether you view the Droid X or iPhone 4 as "better" depends on
what you want to use it for. If you want to use your phone to make telephone calls, the Droid is better.
If you want to use your phone to take pictures, the iPhone is better. If you want to use your phone to
take videos, the Droid is better. If you want a phone that is more aesthetically pleasing, the iPhone is
better. If you want a phone with a bigger screen, the Droid is better. If you want a phone with easier
to read text, the iPhone is better. If you want a phone you can use for 2 days straight without charging,
they both suck.

Like I said, I haven't invested $2,000+ on a phone and a 2 year contract for either phone, but I will
admit a Droid preference. I think my friend's wife sums up my general feeling on why people want
iPhones.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Umm... You can run AndroidOS on an iPhone dude new [Re: Gor]
#238995 - 11/15/10 07:00 PM

Android is alright I suppose, but I'd rather have iOS on my iPhone if I owned such a device..

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Umm... You can run AndroidOS on an iPhone dude new [Re: Naoki]
#238996 - 11/15/10 07:15 PM

I rather have a corded, rotary dial phone that's attached to the wall...

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Umm... You can run AndroidOS on an iPhone dude new [Re: redk9258]
#239044 - 11/16/10 04:51 AM

Almost two years ago, I got my first cell. (I'd used one before, but had never bought one.) This past year, I went to having only a cell. Man, I wanted it like this when I was in junior high. Fortunately, Verizon has 98% been great. However, my contract is coming up in a few months, and Sprint is offering much more for much less. Plus, I might go with an Evo or Samsung Epic. I wouldn't play games on my phone - certainly not retro games.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Umm... You can run AndroidOS on an iPhone dude new [Re: Gor]
#239091 - 11/16/10 01:39 PM

I don't buy the whole reception thing one bit. How can you say one phone is better than others for phone calls? You can do other stuff on an iPhone WHILE making a phone call. I honestly don't know if an android based phone does the same or not but I think it's actually a function of the network and not of the phone (AFAIK, CDMA is not capable of surfing the web and chatting at the same time)

At any rate, the only place I had reception problems was in Lemoore, California, but EVERY phone and EVERY network has its share of problems in that area. Now that I'm back in Japan, I have noticed ZERO problems with phone calls.

Bigger screen? Really? (I haven't compared the two, not being a smart-ass here) The iPhone is quite big enough for a phone thanks. If I want a bigger screen I'll use a laptop!

I really do like playing around with the iPhone, but I am not what you would call a fanboi. I'm just defending my geekness from your wicked comment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 406 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2079