MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

California should have waited...
#237922 - 11/03/10 05:59 PM

Putting prop 19 up for a vote during a huge conservative sweep year was a mistake.

There's no point in going to Disney Land now... may as well stick with Disney World in Florida.

casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Send PM

Re: California should have waited... new [Re: GatKong]
#237933 - 11/03/10 09:06 PM

> Putting prop 19 up for a vote during a huge conservative sweep year was a mistake.

Nah. California has a majority of voters registered as Democrats, so this wasn't a liberal-versus-conservative thing. What it boiled down to was that the proposition (like most California legislation) was so poorly-written that passing it would have been a mistake, and voters responded accordingly.

> There's no point in going to Disney Land now... may as well stick with Disney World
> in Florida.

Disneyland Pro-Tip #1: Camelbak + booze = win. Never had mine checked for alcohol in all the times that I went there.

Disneyland Pro-Tip #2: when that runs out, there's always the Monorail, which will get you pretty much straight to the hotel bar.

Edited by casm (11/03/10 09:06 PM)

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#237955 - 11/03/10 11:32 PM

> Putting prop 19 up for a vote during a huge conservative sweep year was a mistake.
>
> There's no point in going to Disney Land now... may as well stick with Disney World
> in Florida.

It was pretty amazing looking at the MA election results. In a bunch of districts there were those meaningless, non-binding questions, one about medical marijuana and one about instructing the representative to vote in favor of legalization. Both questions got a "yes" in every single town where they were on the ballot, with one exception (I guess Palmer, MA is full of uptight straights).

I have to think a full blown, binding legalization question would have a pretty good chance of passing at this point. It's already pretty much not a crime to carry less than an ounce here.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: California should have waited... new [Re: casm]
#237969 - 11/04/10 03:58 AM

> > Putting prop 19 up for a vote during a huge conservative sweep year was a mistake.
>
> Nah. California has a majority of voters registered as Democrats, so this wasn't a
> liberal-versus-conservative thing. What it boiled down to was that the proposition
> (like most California legislation) was so poorly-written that passing it would have
> been a mistake, and voters responded accordingly.
>
> > There's no point in going to Disney Land now... may as well stick with Disney World
> > in Florida.
>
> Disneyland Pro-Tip #1: Camelbak + booze = win. Never had mine checked for alcohol in
> all the times that I went there.
>
> Disneyland Pro-Tip #2: when that runs out, there's always the Monorail, which will
> get you pretty much straight to the hotel bar.

Words of wisdom.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#237971 - 11/04/10 04:26 AM

>
> in Florida.

Oh please. If that had been passed, a judge would've cockblocked it five minutes later.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: California should have waited... new [Re: Foxhack]
#237975 - 11/04/10 05:04 AM

Yeah, that whole DEA, still illegal at a federal level thing is just a drag.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 89 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1120