Pages: 1

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

Looking for some MAME recorded input movies
#237478 - 10/27/10 09:18 AM

Hi guys, hope everything is going well for you on this Wednesday morning

I am someone that enjoys watching other people play old school 2D arcade games. We have ggpo and that is a great start. But I would really love to start collecting some MAME recorded input replay files, so I can enjoy them while sipping on a nice cold ice tea.

I'm looking for replays of games such as:

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Super Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Ms. Pac-Man
Any of Misfit MAME's Pac-man bootlegs
Galaga
Frogger
Astroids
Paper Boy
OutRun
OutRunners
Pole Position I & II
Turbo
Mortal Kombat II
Ultimate Mortal Komabt 3
Any of Capcom's beat-em ups...AvP, Punisher, etc...
Any of Konami's beat-em ups
Mega Man The Power Fighters

....these are just to name a few. Hell, I'd take any at this point.

The mame devs are doing a great job and I love this emulator. But I'm really surprised there is no website dedicated to sharing recorded input replay files. Just the technology behind input replay files ALONE is impressive.

I think we should all start a little sharing club or something, where we all share our replay files and talk about them, etc. Is there anywhere I can grab some replays?

Lando242
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/27/06
Send PM

Re: Looking for some MAME recorded input movies new [Re: Outrun2006]
#237485 - 10/27/10 12:24 PM

MARP. Its been around for years. Its basically for high score runs and such. IIRC you have to use the version of MAME used to make the recording or you could end up with it not playing correctly but it has a massive archive of recordings.

Lando242

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Looking for some MAME recorded input movies new [Re: Lando242]
#237487 - 10/27/10 12:47 PM

> MARP. Its been around for years. Its basically for high score runs and such. IIRC you
> have to use the version of MAME used to make the recording or you could end up with
> it not playing correctly but it has a massive archive of recordings.
>
> Lando242

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lando....you are a LIFE SAVER!!!!!! Are you freakin kidding me!!!!???? How could I not know about this page??? Around for years? That's nuts! I can't believe how much I've been missing. Geez....I'm gonna be busy for the next few MONTHS downloading all those files! LOL

Did anyone else besides Lando know about this page?

Lando...dang man, thanks so much for the heads up!

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

#237488 - 10/27/10 12:51 PM

OK OK OK so wait a second..... watching replays are very very cool....but about....LIVE SPECTATING???? Can we spectate a player playing in realtime? If not, then please please please please please PLEASE add this fucntion in the future. I would DIE!!!

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#237501 - 10/27/10 06:03 PM

> OK OK OK so wait a second..... watching replays are very very cool....but
> about....LIVE SPECTATING???? Can we spectate a player playing in realtime? If not,
> then please please please please please PLEASE add this fucntion in the future. I
> would DIE!!!

Quote:

About MAME
Purpose

MAME is strictly a non-profit project. Its main purpose is to be a reference to the inner workings of the emulated arcade machines. This is done both for educational purposes and for preservation purposes, in order to prevent many historical games from disappearing forever once the hardware they run on stops working. Of course, in order to preserve the games and demonstrate that the emulated behavior matches the original, you must also be able to actually play the games. This is considered a nice side effect, and is not MAME's primary focus.

So, Outrun2006, what do you think the answer to your request for live spectating will be?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Send PM

Re: Looking for some MAME recorded input movies new [Re: Master O]
#237508 - 10/27/10 09:28 PM

> So, Outrun2006, what do you think the answer to your request for live spectating will be?

Actually... This is something that sounds like it could be right up ClientServerMAME's alley, and may be useful for documenting record attempts, etc.

No idea if they planned to have this sort of mode in it, but it could slot in nicely.

Edited by casm (10/27/10 09:29 PM)

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Looking for some MAME recorded input movies new [Re: casm]
#237519 - 10/28/10 12:09 AM

> > So, Outrun2006, what do you think the answer to your request for live spectating
> will be?
>
> Actually... This is something that sounds like it could be right up
> ClientServerMAME's alley, and may be useful for documenting record attempts, etc.
>
> No idea if they planned to have this sort of mode in it, but it could slot in nicely.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was thinking the same thing. Let's wait and see if DG has something up his sleeve.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

#237534 - 10/28/10 02:55 AM

There's also EMU-movies, if you're just wanting to watch game video. Those are attract mode, of course.

I think MARP is sort of a niche thing. Perhaps the best players on the planet, at least MAME-wise, but not officially recognized by anyone for record scores.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1724