MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

I don't totally don't understadn this mentality
#236361 - 10/14/10 08:36 PM

Quote from Ebay seller

Quote:

please keep in mind less than 10 feedbacks please try somewhere else your bid will be deleted, I don't have the time to waste.

Money is money. Who gives a fuck how many trinkets you've bought on ebay. Maybe some people just don't buy tons of trash shit on ebay... only purchasing something specific they need, and only ever rare moment that ebay is the best place to get it.

Gimmme a fuckin' break! That's twice I been douche-bagged.

What's particularly dumb is... if you've only bought a couple few things on Ebay for sveral hundred dollars a pop totaling over a thousand dollars, and those transactions are all positive... that carries less weight than buying 10 hello kitty keychains for 0.75 each... one at a time. There's some smart marketing strategy there for you... "Go buy some keychains or sew-on patches first... then we'll talk."

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: I don't totally don't understadn this mentality new [Re: GatKong]
#236362 - 10/14/10 08:42 PM

Just bid on it anyway.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

#236373 - 10/14/10 09:17 PM

> Quote from Ebay seller
>
> please keep in mind less than 10 feedbacks please try somewhere else your bid will be
> deleted, I don't have the time to waste.
>
> Money is money. Who gives a fuck how many trinkets you've bought on ebay. Maybe some
> people just don't buy tons of trash shit on ebay... only purchasing something
> specific they need, and only ever rare moment that ebay is the best place to get it.
>
> Gimmme a fuckin' break! That's twice I been douche-bagged.
>
> What's particularly dumb is... if you've only bought a couple few things on Ebay for
> sveral hundred dollars a pop totaling over a thousand dollars, and those transactions
> are all positive... that carries less weight than buying 10 hello kitty keychains for
> 0.75 each... one at a time. There's some smart marketing strategy there for you...
> "Go buy some keychains or sew-on patches first... then we'll talk."

The seller has gotten burned in the past by Hello Kitty wannabe buyers...

Kevin Eshbach

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#236374 - 10/14/10 09:36 PM

> Quote from Ebay seller
>
> please keep in mind less than 10 feedbacks please try somewhere else your bid will be
>
> Money is money. Who gives a fuck how many trinkets you've bought on ebay. Maybe some
> specific they need, and only ever rare moment that ebay is the best place to get it.
>
>
> What's particularly dumb is... if you've only bought a couple few things on Ebay for
> sveral hundred dollars a pop totaling over a thousand dollars, and those transactions
> are all positive... that carries less weight than buying 10 hello kitty keychains for
> 0.75 each... one at a time. There's some smart marketing strategy there for you...

And you can report their sorry ass to eBay because they are -not allowed- to cancel bids because of low feedback.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: I don't totally don't understadn this mentality new [Re: Foxhack]
#236377 - 10/14/10 09:48 PM

> And you can report their sorry ass to eBay because they are -not allowed- to cancel
> bids because of low feedback.

? But last time i checked you were able to exclude certain bidders. Doesn't apply this to how much feedback one has?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: I don't totally don't understadn this mentality new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#236379 - 10/14/10 10:07 PM

You can block bidders by their user name and generally under certain conditions like if they had x amount of non-payments in the past x months and you can cancel bids in certain situations with explanation but apparently this one won't fly.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: I don't totally don't understadn this mentality new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#236393 - 10/15/10 12:26 AM

> > And you can report their sorry ass to eBay because they are -not allowed- to cancel
> > bids because of low feedback.
>
> ? But last time i checked you were able to exclude certain bidders. Doesn't apply
> this to how much feedback one has?

They -can- cancel your bids and block you if they want. But they aren't allowed to do it just because your feedback is low. So you can be blocked as long as they don't say why.

The minute they come out and say that via an eBay message, it's a violation of their seller rules, and they CAN be reprimanded because of it. eBay will check their message logs and verify your claim and they'll ... do something, hopefully.

I've personally canceled and blocked certain people over the years, not because they had low feedback, but because of recent feedback left on them and because they seemed a little bit shifty. Or because they were dicks when asking questions.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#236406 - 10/15/10 03:53 AM

> Quote from Ebay seller
>
>
>
>

It seems pretty stupid. I could see not wanting to take a bid from a newly registered account with no feedback, but if the account has been around and had clearly been used for real purchases, I just don't see the problem.

It seems like ebay is not really friendly in general to the casual user. I had an account for years that was probably only used a half dozen times. I tried to log in the other day, and it's apparently just gone. Couldn't log in with my credentials, couldn't reset my password, couldn't even retrieve my username. I guess they just blew it away for inactivity, no warning or anything.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 154 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1439