MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

OK, am I being touchy here?
#236288 - 10/14/10 06:26 AM

Someone asks you a question and you supply an answer (which happens to be correct). That person then, immediately and right in front of you, turns to someone else and asks the exact same question.

Happened to me twice today, once in person and once in an e-mail thread, pissed me off both times. What, do I look like a liar today? Or are you just fishing for the answer you want to hear?

Sez
Queen High Slapper
Reged: 12/14/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Send PM

Re: OK, am I being touchy here? new [Re: DMala]
#236289 - 10/14/10 06:32 AM

> Someone asks you a question and you supply an answer (which happens to be correct).
> That person then, immediately and right in front of you, turns to someone else and
> asks the exact same question.
>
> Happened to me twice today, once in person and once in an e-mail thread, pissed me
> off both times. What, do I look like a liar today? Or are you just fishing for the
> answer you want to hear?

The dress never makes her ass looks big. That's all I can say.

Why won't anyone listen to ninjakid - he's being serial!

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

#236290 - 10/14/10 06:33 AM

I get this on almost a daily basis.

I fix computers, it's my job. People that can't figure out their problems put in support cases for those trained and experienced in fixing their problems, yet when I try to FUCKING help them they'll argue with me and tell me what the fix is...EVEN THOUGH THEY FUCKING ASKED ME TO FIX IT. And when they feel like arguing further, they'll ask for my manager.....who tells them the EXACT SAME THING but since he's my manager, somehow it has more weight.

Fuck most people. I hate most of you.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#236294 - 10/14/10 06:57 AM

> Someone asks you a question and you supply an answer (which happens to be correct).
> That person then, immediately and right in front of you, turns to someone else and
>
> Happened to me twice today, once in person and once in an e-mail thread, pissed me
> off both times. What, do I look like a liar today? Or are you just fishing for the

I'd say that's only because they don't know the answer themselves and they're just getting a general consensus, or they're re-verifying your statement/answer. Although, they could've asked the question aloud... But if it would've been inappropriate given the situation or place - then asking each person individually would be the better thing to do.

& That might be a bit of a faux-pas that they're not conscience of. Some people think it rude when they ask you how you're doing and you don't ask them right back or at all (like me). It's not that I don't care... I'm just being observant. You appear to be doing okay so why should I waste my breath asking?

Next time that happens... if the other person says the same thing - say; "That's what I said."

LEVEL-4

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

#236318 - 10/14/10 03:24 PM

I have noticed some people do this sort of thing if they do not like the answer. In other words they already *KNEW* the answer but was hoping to get a better one. When they get the same 'bad news' they already know from you they try someone else. Then when they get the 'bad news' from them they accept it.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: OK, am I being touchy here? new [Re: Hizzout]
#236325 - 10/14/10 03:58 PM

> I get this on almost a daily basis.
>
> I fix computers, it's my job. People that can't figure out their problems put in
> support cases for those trained and experienced in fixing their problems, yet when I
> try to FUCKING help them they'll argue with me and tell me what the fix is...EVEN
> THOUGH THEY FUCKING ASKED ME TO FIX IT. And when they feel like arguing further,
> they'll ask for my manager.....who tells them the EXACT SAME THING but since he's my
> manager, somehow it has more weight.
>
> Fuck most people. I hate most of you.

Second that. It's like this working in Customer Service...

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

#236353 - 10/14/10 07:27 PM

>

The person didn't trust you and wanted a second opinion or you didn't tell them what they wanted to hear. Anyways grab some popcorn , kick your feet up on your desk and enjoy the show.

Kevin Eshbach

EMU-LMAO
EMU-LMAO owner/site-op
Reged: 07/14/07
Loc: California
Send PM

#236381 - 10/14/10 10:59 PM

Who cares. People act that way all the time, best to learn to ignore it. It is quite a common act.

It helps if you keep in mind that you are not the answer man. So your very own opinion should not be getting weighed heavily by yourself in the first place.

Now, if you are the answer man by some ironic historical twists & turns, then yes you should be a little offended that they don't know you.

Regards,
EMU-LMAO

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: OK, am I being touchy here? new [Re: lharms]
#236405 - 10/15/10 03:42 AM

> I have noticed some people do this sort of thing if they do not like the answer. In
> other words they already *KNEW* the answer but was hoping to get a better one. When
> they get the same 'bad news' they already know from you they try someone else. Then
> when they get the 'bad news' from them they accept it.

I suspect this was probably the case, because in both cases the answer was not necessarily the answer they wanted to hear. Still, I dunno, it just rubbed me he wrong way. I don't usually get bent out of shape that easily.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1505