MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

how to configure act labs gun with mame?
#235614 - 10/05/10 01:07 PM

i looked anywhere for some config but its impossible to find a coherent one..i conenct the gun to the balck box,connect the usb cable to pc,vga cable to my other port in my videio card(which has only two DVI ports so i used an adapter,don't know if that may influence it)and on mame settings the "enable lightgun" box can't be checked,is greyed out.i have a lcd monitor,do these gun works only with crt?

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: how to configure act labs gun with mame? new [Re: Solstar]
#235619 - 10/05/10 03:20 PM

Yes. They are real Light Guns and use the timing of CRT to judge their position, just like the GunCon2.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#235665 - 10/05/10 09:40 PM

> i looked anywhere for some config but its impossible to find a coherent one..i
> conenct the gun to the balck box,connect the usb cable to pc,vga cable to my other
> port in my videio card(which has only two DVI ports so i used an adapter,don't know
> if that may influence it)and on mame settings the "enable lightgun" box can't be
> checked,is greyed out.i have a lcd monitor,do these gun works only with crt?

The original AL gun was made to work on a video card back when they only had 1 VGA input. You plugged the monitor into the adapter's ass and plugged the adapter's johnson into the video card and then the extra USB cord into a USB vagina on the back of your PC. Then after it was set up, wherever you fire on the screen it moved the cursor there and ejaculated mouse button 1. If you are using a converter or LCD screen then I don't think it will work.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Re: how to configure act labs gun with mame? new [Re: Naoki]
#236443 - 10/15/10 04:41 PM

> Yes. They are real Light Guns and use the timing of CRT to judge their position, just
> like the GunCon2.

ok i just tried with an old crt monitor and works great in games like point blank and police trainer,but not in games like laser ghost or alien gun.here's why:it basically shoot where i pinpoint the gun,so its ok for tames like point blank etc,but not for laser ghost or alien gun wher you have a "cursor" to move.my gun basically doesn't move the cursor,i just shoot at a point,and the cursor\crosshair will just "teleport",without scrolling,thus making games like these virtually impossible to play.any help?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#236454 - 10/15/10 05:58 PM

If the game didn't use a real light gun in the cab then you will probably run into issues like this.

Naoki
Send PM

#236486 - 10/16/10 02:20 AM

Make sure you've configured the controls to accept a Lightgun input on MAME, then make sure they are active by using this:

Code:

mame lghost -mouse -lightgun

This helps my Guncon to work. Also, make sure you calibrate the gun in the game aswell.

----

By gods I've found it!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: how to configure act labs gun with mame? new [Re: Naoki]
#236487 - 10/16/10 02:31 AM

You can't hold the Act Labs trigger down and move it around the screen for machine gun style etc. You can just click it and have it do a quick "snap shot". It's not going to work right on every "gun" game. Won't happen. It's hit and miss.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#236504 - 10/16/10 11:53 AM

Real light guns are not capable of "spray and pray" type operation. Games that let you do that typically used an analog joystick with a gun mounted on it. (Check the cabinet picture - if the gun is on the end of a cord, it's probably a real light gun. If it's mounted in place it's probably the joystick thing).

Naoki
Send PM

Re: how to configure act labs gun with mame? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#236514 - 10/16/10 02:10 PM

Oh, right...
I'm gunna stick with guncon then XP

----

By gods I've found it!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 381 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3026