MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

I know we never discuss politics in the bin, but...
#234813 - 09/27/10 04:36 PM

Quote:

Obama administration reportedly is crafting plans to require all Internet communication services — such as BlackBerry e-mail, Facebook, and Skype — to be capable of intercepting messages, as officials look to counter terror suspects 'going dark' online

Isn't that the EXACT same policy the Dems crucified Bush over when he tried it?

"It's only a good idea when our party does it."
-statement comes in colors Blue and Red. No refunds or exchanges of tax payers' money, all sales final.

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: I know we never discuss politics in the bin, but... new [Re: GatKong]
#234816 - 09/27/10 04:53 PM

> Isn't that the EXACT same policy the Dems crucified Bush over when he tried it?

yes

let's quit with the politics. it's annoying that people in general still act like it's news for lying, thievery, hypocrisy, backstabbing, and greed to flourish in environments that promote them. man is shapen in iniquity, end of story.

i learned everything i know from KC

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: I know we never discuss politics in the bin, but... new [Re: jopezu]
#234830 - 09/27/10 09:37 PM

Just as scary is the bill recently introduced in the Senate that would give the Department of Justice the power to declare any website to be "dedicated to [copyright] infringing activities" and require all American ISPs to block access to that site.

First China, then Australia, now the USA. Great Firewall, here we come.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: I know we never discuss politics in the bin, but... new [Re: AWJ]
#234831 - 09/27/10 09:42 PM

I imagine there will be "cyber wars" in the future where people pool computers to do denial of service etc. attacks on organizations who push this stuff. Supposedly it's already happening in the torrent crowd.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: I know we never discuss politics in the bin, but... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#234833 - 09/27/10 09:57 PM

> I imagine there will be "cyber wars" in the future where people pool computers to do
> denial of service etc. attacks on organizations who push this stuff. Supposedly it's
> already happening in the torrent crowd.

And 4chan.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: I know we never discuss politics in the bin, but... new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#234837 - 09/27/10 10:44 PM

> > I imagine there will be "cyber wars" in the future where people pool computers to
> do
> > denial of service etc. attacks on organizations who push this stuff. Supposedly
> it's
> > already happening in the torrent crowd.
>
> And 4chan.

and the Stuxnet virus hitting that Iranian Nuclear Power Plant.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: I know we never discuss politics in the bin, but... new [Re: Master O]
#234843 - 09/28/10 12:13 AM

> > > I imagine there will be "cyber wars" in the future where people pool computers to
> > do
> > > denial of service etc. attacks on organizations who push this stuff. Supposedly
> > it's
> > > already happening in the torrent crowd.
> >
> > And 4chan.
>
> and the Stuxnet virus hitting that Iranian Nuclear Power Plant.

Cyberpunk gets a little bit more obsoltele as a genre of science fiction every day...

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: I know we never discuss politics in the bin, but... new [Re: Fever]
#234847 - 09/28/10 12:36 AM

> Cyberpunk gets a little bit more obsolete as a genre of science fiction every day...

It's crazy, when Neuromancer was written it was pretty fanciful science fiction. The stuff William Gibson writes today is really not all that different, and yet is grounded pretty much entirely in current tech.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: I know we never discuss politics in the bin, but... new [Re: DMala]
#234850 - 09/28/10 12:43 AM

> > Cyberpunk gets a little bit more obsolete as a genre of science fiction every
> day...
>
> It's crazy, when Neuromancer was written it was pretty fanciful science fiction. The
> stuff William Gibson writes today is really not all that different, and yet is
> grounded pretty much entirely in current tech.

Shame the whole VR experience of the net didn't pan out, although I guess that was always more for dramatic effect, like the crazy tech on CSI...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1383