Pages: 1

korgpolyex800
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/09
Send PM

WANTED - datasheet for OKI MSM5232
#195327 - 07/06/09 09:24 PM

Hi MAMERS,

I have been searching for years for the datasheet for the OKI MSM5232 tone generator chip. From my searches I can see that the chip was used in many arcade machines and as a direct result, an emulation was developed for MAME (msm5232.c and msm5232.h). I believe that Jarek Burczynski had a lot to do with developing the emulation.

Now I am resorting to posting on this forum in an attempt to either a) get a copy of an MSM5232 datasheet or b) find a way to reach Jarek so that I can see if he has a datasheet. It seems unlikely that Jarek could have deveoped the emulation without the datasheet.

Am I in the right place to be asking these questions? Does anyone have a copy of the MSM5232 datasheet?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

KPE8

Phil Bennett
L'Emuchat
Reged: 04/20/04
Send PM

Re: WANTED - datasheet for OKI MSM5232 new [Re: korgpolyex800]
#195330 - 07/06/09 10:22 PM Attachment: msm5232.zip 2004 KB (82 downloads)

> Am I in the right place to be asking these questions? Does anyone have a copy of the
> MSM5232 datasheet?
>

See attachment.

korgpolyex800
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/09
Send PM

Re: WANTED - datasheet for OKI MSM5232 new [Re: Phil Bennett]
#195331 - 07/06/09 11:03 PM

You have no idea how much I am in debt to you for providing this datasheet - and in such a short time from my request.

I spent a lot of time on this search and for it to so easily come forth on this forum is fantastic.

A huge thank you!

KPE8

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: WANTED - datasheet for OKI MSM5232 new [Re: korgpolyex800]
#195391 - 07/07/09 08:04 AM

> You have no idea how much I am in debt to you for providing this datasheet - and in
> such a short time from my request.
>
> I spent a lot of time on this search and for it to so easily come forth on this forum
> is fantastic.
>
> A huge thank you!
>
> KPE8

I'm sorry this hasn't been published online earlier. It's a goal of mine that some of these scans spread further. I shall redouble my efforts.

I can't even remember where this came from, other than it was scanned for us. Maybe they wished to remain anonymous.

- Stiletto

Mestre Cello
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/05/17
Send PM

Re: WANTED - datasheet for OKI MSM5232 new [Re: Phil Bennett]
#364928 - 04/05/17 07:17 AM

> > Am I in the right place to be asking these questions? Does anyone have a copy of
> the
> > MSM5232 datasheet?
> >
>
> See attachment.

Thanks Phil Bennett and to this forum, I am Brazilian and I needed this file today, I say it was not easy to find, gerlamente put passwords and leaves restricted, you of this forum no. I do not write in English or I speak, but I can contribute in some way using available translation tools.
I am with a MINAMI organization that is presenting problems with these chips and now I can know where the problem is, many would say that it is coincidence or luck, but I consider that there are still individuals who share things / knowledge and individuals who appreciate and do the same.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6973