MAMEWorld >> Programming
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

kayel_justice
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/28/08
Send PM

Changing MAME game Music
#144520 - 02/28/08 09:35 PM

I would loooove to be able to change the music in my mame fighting games. Can anyone guide me to a thread or something. Or is it not possible?
Yes i'm a noob bot

Thanks in advance

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Changing MAME game Music new [Re: kayel_justice]
#144525 - 02/28/08 10:30 PM

> I would loooove to be able to change the music in my mame fighting games. Can anyone
> guide me to a thread or something. Or is it not possible?
> Yes i'm a noob bot
>
> Thanks in advance

About 4 years ago or so, there was a group Heavy Metal group in Brazil called the MegaDriver who ended up modifying the MAME source to play their live Metal reproductions instead of the original sounds for Gyruss, Altered Beast, Contra and Golden Axe. It was available as Metal MAME or No MAME (all of normal MAME + the Metal additions).

http://metalmame.megadriver.com.br/metalmame.cgi?pg=downloads

It would appear that source is available for both derivatives, so it's IMHO definitely possible, but you need some programming skills to incorporate into modern drivers and/or add new games.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Use the OSD mixer new [Re: kayel_justice]
#144542 - 02/29/08 12:43 AM

> I would loooove to be able to change the music in my mame fighting games. Can anyone
> guide me to a thread or something. Or is it not possible?
> Yes i'm a noob bot
>
> Thanks in advance

Press the ~ key (or whatever key is to the left of your "1" key) while your game is playing to bring up mame's second OSD menu, the mixer. From here you can change the volume of the individual channels of the emulated sound chips, using the arrow keys.

Identify the channel that is playing sound effects, and mute the others.
Then play your favorite music in Winamp or iTunes or whatever you use.

S

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3760