View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

ambhai
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/17/07
Send PM

older rom names from mame for coding Auding in my frontend
#125438 - 09/17/07 11:55 AM

Im working on a frontend, I want to add game scanning and auditing.

From latest mame version a silentd's rom is stated as
"east-12-1.ic32"
but an older version of mame namesa as
"sr_12-1.rom"

I have the silentd.zip with_12*.rom. Both mame and emuloader are able to detect and audit this zip files. Emuloader even shows both forms of names.

But the xml file returned by "mame -listxml" does not contain alternate names. So how can I code game scanning and auditing without this.

How does EmuLoader manages to do that. (i cant understand delphi code, im a c/python programmer)

PiModerator
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: older rom names from mame for coding Auding in my frontend new [Re: ambhai]
#125441 - 09/17/07 01:08 PM

> Im working on a frontend, I want to add game scanning and auditing.
> I have the silentd.zip with_12*.rom. Both mame and emuloader are able to detect and
> audit this zip files. Emuloader even shows both forms of names.

They don't check for file names, they check for the CRC codes, which can be read instantly from ZIP files. Whenever the files are in the correct ZIP, and they have the correct CRCs, names inside the ZIP don't matter. For unzipped files, filename does matter, and I guess that MAME reads them to calculate the CRC.

Maybe what EmuLoader is showing is "what the name should be" vs. "what the name is" and that's why you see two filenames. Have you tried to rename the valid file with the wrong filename to something totally different to see how EmuLoader behaves?

If you're not making a ROM management tool, then you should focus on detect the files in the same way MAME does, and that means looking into the MAME source to see, for example, in which order does MAME look for zipped/unzipped files.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

ambhai
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/17/07
Send PM

Re: older rom names from mame for coding Auding in my frontend new [Re: Pi]
#125462 - 09/17/07 07:04 PM

> They don't check for file names, they check for the CRC codes, which can be read
> instantly from ZIP files. Whenever the files are in the correct ZIP, and they have
> the correct CRCs, names inside the ZIP don't matter. For unzipped files, filename
> does matter, and I guess that MAME reads them to calculate the CRC.
>
> Maybe what EmuLoader is showing is "what the name should be" vs. "what the name is"
> and that's why you see two filenames. Have you tried to rename the valid file with
> the wrong filename to something totally different to see how EmuLoader behaves?
>
> If you're not making a ROM management tool, then you should focus on detect the files
> in the same way MAME does, and that means looking into the MAME source to see, for
> example, in which order does MAME look for zipped/unzipped files.

Thanks very much. I did renaming files, and modifing binary data of files. You are right, emuloader uses CRC to match files and display current and database names.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3688