MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

If'n yer munchin' right now. whatcha noshin' on?
#283270 - 04/20/12 06:47 AM

Sliced marinated chicken breast nuked on some "everything" garlic bread with some three-pepper cheese. :-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Brad
Aussie D1ckhead
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Australia
Send PM

Re: If'n yer munchin' right now. whatcha noshin' on? new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283280 - 04/20/12 08:32 AM

A mint because it's still 30mins from knock off time on a friday afternoon here. I can almost taste the beer

Brad

www.aussiearcade.com.au

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Gatinha's homemade Pão de Queijo new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283298 - 04/20/12 04:34 PM

Yum! Made from what ever is the proper cheese, brought back from Brazil. The cheese itself stinks to high heaven... but man does it make good Pão de Queijo.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

it's peanut butter jelly time *nt* new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283309 - 04/20/12 07:39 PM

> Sliced marinated chicken breast nuked on some "everything" garlic bread with some
> three-pepper cheese. :-)
>
> --Bekki

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

#283311 - 04/20/12 07:45 PM

three cheese pizza!

lordflux
Lurker
Reged: 10/13/03
Send PM

Turkey 'n swiss sandwich + chips *nt* new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283312 - 04/20/12 07:50 PM

amused
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/24/08
Send PM

That woman's biggest flaw... new [Re: GatKong]
#283315 - 04/20/12 08:02 PM

... is that there's only one of her.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

taco salad [nt] new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283325 - 04/20/12 11:01 PM

olé

LEVEL-4

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

I leave the house with munchies yo.... new [Re: Brad]
#283343 - 04/21/12 02:48 AM

Like today. And I needed em.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

After-training drink... new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283344 - 04/21/12 02:50 AM

Plain whey powder, pomegranate juice, rice milk, soaked chia seeds, and lecithin. All blendered up.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

Re: Gatinha's homemade Pão de Queijo new [Re: GatKong]
#283485 - 04/22/12 04:40 AM

Quote:

The cheese itself stinks to high heaven... but man does it make good Pão de Queijo.

What is it about really stinky cheese that makes it taste so good? Here's one possibility: Opiates and Cheese

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#283488 - 04/22/12 04:52 AM

I ate the wife out earlier today. Yummy!

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: If'n yer munchin' right now. whatcha noshin' on? new [Re: redk9258]
#283489 - 04/22/12 05:19 AM

Quote:

I ate the wife out earlier today. Yummy!

Ah, the good ol' RU469TM. ;-)

RU469
Buy it by the case!
Soon you'll put more than a smile
On yer lover's face.
You husband will be a hungry Romeo...
...and when he does what he does to youuuuuuuu...
You have to turn up the stereo!

RU469TM is a trademark of Gladiator Industries (Ptui, PA)

--Bekki

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#283493 - 04/22/12 05:54 AM

Well, it was a little while ago now, but...

The best fried clams in the known universe, consumed in a building shaped like a take-out box of clams. If you've never had a fried clam before, go there to have your first one, there are none better.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Chicken new [Re: mogli]
#283499 - 04/22/12 06:28 AM

I just scarfed down a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup that I made with some egg noodles, chopped-up marinated chicken, carrots, celery, onions and chicken broth with a touch of Sriracha for that nice spicy gah-lick heat.

My voice is back though I sound a little like Harvey Fierstein right now. :-)

--Bekki

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Nice. And don't forget the rear basket. (nt) new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283511 - 04/22/12 09:15 AM

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

with brownies for desert new [Re: mogli]
#283521 - 04/22/12 03:19 PM

in a cup, with corn.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Chicken new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283523 - 04/22/12 03:23 PM Attachment: 31918A441CL._AA300_.jpg 10 KB (1 downloads)

> I just scarfed down a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup that I made with some egg
> noodles, chopped-up marinated chicken, carrots, celery, onions and chicken broth with
> a touch of Sriracha for that nice spicy gah-lick heat.
>
>
> My voice is back though I sound a little like Harvey Fierstein right now. :-)
>
> --Bekki

I always (almost always) use that with fried rice from Chinese restaurants (or when I make sweet & spicy rice with tilapia/fish and ginger), but if I'm eating just plain steamed rice I prefer to use (see the attachment).

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Chicken new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283525 - 04/22/12 04:31 PM

The evils of old age have hit myself and Charline and anything hotter than Cayenne is too much for either of us.

Charline used to use Sriracha like ketchup.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#283529 - 04/22/12 05:08 PM

Pineapple

Yes, really. The misses baught a big plastic cup of it and couldn't finish. Now somehow it's my duty to finish it...

or maybe she's planning somefin special for later...

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: The sugarless Halls lozenges would be a major contributor to that back-door spinart. (nt) new [Re: mogli]
#283549 - 04/22/12 08:10 PM

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

I'll agree with both of you new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#283551 - 04/22/12 08:34 PM

I use both, depending on what I happen to pick up at the time. Right now it's a bottle of Sriracha that's sitting in the fridge.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: I'll agree with both of you new [Re: Qun Mang]
#283564 - 04/22/12 10:58 PM

Quote:

I use both, depending on what I happen to pick up at the time. Right now it's a bottle of Sriracha that's sitting in the fridge.

My bottle only has that thick chunky residue at the bottom. So it's time for me to hit the Strip and score. So I'll have to leave extra early to go there before I go to werk. Wally World does have Sriracha but not the other Huy Fong condiments.

It's either that or get gouged on shipping on the sample packs from Huy Fong. The sweet spot for shipping for me would be the delivery of two sample packs. Then the shipping gets worse.

In an hour I'm gonna nosh on some steak'n'yams. :-)

--Bekki

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: with brownies for desert new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#283601 - 04/23/12 04:03 AM

> in a cup, with corn.

Hmh hmh hmh hmh hmh, only if they ain't cleaned out, first. Some people are poop-smiths, but I ain't.

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Or any kind of mint. Damn girl! I may have to come visit you.... (nt) new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283602 - 04/23/12 04:04 AM

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: If'n yer munchin' right now. whatcha noshin' on? new [Re: URherenow]
#283603 - 04/23/12 04:05 AM

> Pineapple
>
> Yes, really. The misses baught a big plastic cup of it and couldn't finish. Now
> somehow it's my duty to finish it...
>
> or maybe she's planning somefin special for later...

That doesn't necessarily work. Unfortunately. And a buddy of mine didn't drink no juice, and....HOW DO I KNOW THESE THINGS, RIGHT??

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

While spice can contribute to the fire in ya love-makin.... new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283605 - 04/23/12 04:08 AM

It can also affect behavior in general. Plus, who knows where that bottle stuff comes from.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Chunky Sriracha chili resin! new [Re: mogli]
#283630 - 04/23/12 08:06 AM

Quote:

It can also affect behavior in general. Plus, who knows where that bottle stuff comes from.

Oh, it's primo. I know my connections. That and the bottle is empty so I had it upside-down to get as much of the leftover sauce out as possible. ;-)

Huy Fong Foods Sriracha Chili Sauce: Accept no substitutes. And yes I've seen the imitators with the yellow caps many years ago. It is nasty stuff and is a pale copy of The Rooster.

AiC still rule. No drug in-joke on this one, though. :-)

--Bekki

EDIT: I diluted the chunky Sriracha chili resin within the bottle with some of that some of that pint of that dollar store habanero sauce. Shaken vigorously. It got the chunks out but wow I think I'm in heaven with the Sriracha+habanero combo.

As the late "Macho Man" Randy Savage would say, "OOOOOOOOH YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!" And, coincidentially, there are habanero Slim Jims at the local Sheetz.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!! ;-)

Edited by Bekki Doll (04/25/12 07:40 AM)

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Chunky Sriracha chili resin! new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283864 - 04/26/12 04:01 AM

>As the late "Macho Man" Randy Savage would say, "OOOOOOOOH YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!" And,
> coincidentially, there are habanero Slim Jims at the local Sheetz.
>
> Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!! ;-)

Yer fuckin silly. Anyways, Trader Joe's. I saw today, they have their own habanero sauce...and other things.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#283872 - 04/26/12 05:46 AM

> EDIT: I diluted the chunky Sriracha chili resin within the bottle with some of that
> some of that pint of that dollar store habanero sauce. Shaken vigorously. It got the
> chunks out but wow I think I'm in heaven with the Sriracha+habanero combo.
>

Hmm. I have my doubts about "Dollar Store" hot sauce.... well, anything from a/the "Dollar Store" actually.

Anyway, have you heard of El Yucateco? I've only had the red and green sauces though, and I'd like to try their other 2.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Chunky Sriracha chili resin! new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#283875 - 04/26/12 07:08 AM

Quote:

Hmm. I have my doubts about "Dollar Store" hot sauce.... well, anything from a/the "Dollar Store" actually.

Most of the stuff there is cut-rate. But the habanero hot sauce is real good'n'hot! When the first ingredient is habanero peppers that alone deserves a tryout.

It's cheap heat and nothing else. Which is why I give props to the Sriracha for all-around balance. Though, I have to admit, the dollar store hab sauce isn't as good as stripping floor wax and removing pavement grease stains like Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce. ;-)

Quote:

Anyway, have you heard of El Yucateco? I've only had the red and green sauces though, and I'd like to try their other 2.

That is an awesome sauce! I love the red since it has great heat with a nice tomato kicker. I was toolin' 'round Amazon looking at their other varieties. But the red satisfies quite well and is available at Wally World.

Y'ever try Blair's Death and After Death sauces?

--Bekki

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Chunky Sriracha chili resin! new [Re: mogli]
#283877 - 04/26/12 07:20 AM

Quote:

Yer fuckin silly.

I take pride in my silliness. ;-)

Quote:

Anyways, Trader Joe's. I saw today, they have their own habanero sauce...and other things.

There must be a central hot sauce factory that doles out its whopping supply to all these stores as their store brand. With all the habs that gave their all I'm trying real hard to picture acres upon acres of those orange pumpkin-shaped beauties in the sun.

Mmmmmmm...Pepperland! :-)

It may not look like the cloning fields within The Matrix...but it's close. Except much sunnier. ;-)

--Bekki

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#283888 - 04/26/12 08:26 AM

> It's cheap heat and nothing else. Which is why I give props to the Sriracha for
> all-around balance. Though, I have to admit, the dollar store hab sauce isn't as good
> as stripping floor wax and removing pavement grease stains like Dave's Gourmet
> Insanity Sauce. ;-)

>
> Y'ever try Blair's Death and After Death sauces?

I've had Dave's and Blair's, but not the 'After Death' (at least, I don't recall having it). But that's been a good number of years ago, and I think my tummy isn't it's old cast iron self. Anymore those sauces are too hot to enjoy -imo.

For now I'm working on a gallon jug of Tabasco Habeñero sauce, and I'm down to about half (since over a year ago, maybe 2). I keep refilling a smaller bottle with some I've poured into (here it is!) a sriracha bottle. The green twist cap fits nicely inside the top of the Tabasco bottle. I really like the flavor!

eta: Speaking of Dave's Insanity Sauce... I'm sure it was in the late 90's, the hotel I work(ed) at had these magazines they were giving out. For Holiday Inn... I recall in one publication they had this one story where somewhere in the South these patrons of this restaurant (or bar?) were taking a teaspoon of this way too hot -hot sauce! It showed pictures of the people that were trying it, then pictures of them after they tried the teaspoon of sauce. Their faces were almost as red as this emoticon -I kid you not!

Edited by Tom Braider (04/26/12 08:36 AM)

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Hot sauce hyper-hedonism! new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#283889 - 04/26/12 08:52 AM

Before I get into this further I just wanna let you know that I love finding out what stuff we all dig. While we all may have our differences we can at least find some pleasure in knowing that we're not truly opposite in what we love.

From emulation to oldskool preservation of videogaming and computing past to its recreation for the next generation right on down to sublime hot sauces and other sensory abuse/hedonism, how can anyone hold a grudge?

I can't. I'm a sucker for this stuff. I'll admit it. This is gluttony gone good. :-)

Quote:

I've had Dave's and Blair's, but not the 'After Death' (at least, I don't recall having it). But that's been a good number of years ago, and I think my tummy isn't it's old cast iron self. Anymore those sauces are too hot to enjoy -imo.

The "Death" sauce is rather tame. It has a fantastic flavor. But the "After Death" is another beast in and of itself because it's fortified with capsicum extracts and ginseng. Then there's "Sudden Death" that raises the stakes even more.

I love the "Death" sauce: Heat and flavor. That's what makes me rave about a lot of my favorite hot sauces because it's not just about heat.

If it was just about heat I'd drink pint after pint of that dollar store hab sauce and dare others to do the same. ;-)

Blair's is good stuff. And their potato chips were briefly carried within a vending machine at work. They were pure awesome within a small bag! It was 85 cents so I couldn't call it a dimebag. *rimshot*

Quote:

For now I'm working on a gallon jug of Tabasco Habeñero sauce, and I'm down to about half (since over a year ago, maybe 2). I keep refilling a smaller bottle with some I've poured into (here it is!) a sriracha bottle. The green twist cap fits nicely inside the top of the Tabasco bottle. I really like the flavor!

Oh wow! You're speaking my langwitch! ;-)

I used to buy Tabasco Habañero sauce by the case and give out bottles to heat-seeking friends. I haven't bought it in awhile and tended to buy it all direct from Tabasco. Like Marv and fine coats, that is a damn fine hot sauce!

It has a great balance of flavor and heat. If you look at the ingredients a neophyte may think, "Aww, that ain't nuthin'!" But it does pack some great habanero heat plus habanero flavor. The other ingredients help to balance it all out for a nice tropical flavor.

It's also very chunky! It's like Frank's RedHot but a bit thicker so it stays in place. But when your bottle runs dry you can't help but want to get those chunks within the bottle because it's all so good! It seems like quality hot sauces share that same thickness. It's as if it's telling ya, "Hey! I ain't no flash in the pan here!"

I dig your taste in hot sauces! Now I'll have to charge up my batteries and take pictures I have of my hot sauce collection I have behind the bar within my dungeon. At least I'll put my web server space to work in serving up the photos. :-)

BTW, have you heard of the "Quaker Steak & Lube"? ;-)

--Bekki

EDIT: Just as Tom edited, so will I in the form of this addendum...

Quote:

eta: Speaking of Dave's Insanity Sauce...
It showed pictures of the people that were trying it, then pictures of them after they tried the teaspoon of sauce. Their faces were almost as red as this emoticon -I kid you not!

Yes, I've logged much experience with a bottle of Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce. It is all that! But it's the next day when the sauce has to exit the GI tract. That's when the fun truly begins!

I know this as true: I decided to make a very spicy tuna sandwich for myself back within my Subway daze. I reserved some drained tuna and then went home and mixed it with a packet of fat-free ranch dressing to compensate for the mayo. Then I added Dave's and mixed thoroughly and spread the hot'n'fishy concoction upon a footlong all-wheat roll and added all the veggies. The sub was then quartered and devoured.

It was a true Beast going down. I loved every moment of that. It was the next day that really killed me! Let's just say that you'll need to bring some reading material when you need to drop off your offering into the Porcelain Goddess. I recommend reading George Orwell's "1984". ;-)

Edited by Bekki Doll (04/26/12 09:09 AM)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Chunky Sriracha chili resin! new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#283895 - 04/26/12 10:17 AM

> For now I'm working on a gallon jug of Tabasco Habeñero sauce,

Ŵĥɏ ŵőűļď ÿóù đõ ťȟȧʈ ţŏ å ƥęŕƒēćŧŀÿ ģōơƋ ŵǭŗď ļìķē "habanero?"

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Chunky Sriracha chili resin! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#283896 - 04/26/12 11:33 AM

> > For now I'm working on a gallon jug of Tabasco Habeñero sauce,
>
> Ŵĥɏ ŵőűļď ÿóù đõ
> ťȟȧʈ ţŏ å ƥęŕƒēćŧŀÿ
> ģōơƋ ŵǭŗď ļìķē "habanero?"

just to mess with ya.

eta: For real, I had a small voice in the back of my mind, it was saying Triggerfin will say something about that since, now that I think about it - you did the same thing another time, er, I mean: añother time.

Edited by Tom Braider (04/26/12 12:04 PM)

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Hot sauce hyper-hedonism! new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283897 - 04/26/12 12:01 PM

> BTW, have you heard of the "Quaker Steak & Lube"? ;-)
>

Haven't heard of that. But we've got this in our region of the country.

http://www.wingstop.com/default.aspx

I only been there once, and that was a long time ago. The hottest item on their menu is the atomic wings. *shakes head* Nuh-uh, no fun at all! *takes more bites* Lip. Singeing. FIRE!... Yet, I kept the remaining (wing) sauce from that take-out container. No way was I wasting something that.... evil.

I don't consider myself a fan of wings. I don't hate 'em, but I'm not crazy about 'em either. Probably due to how messy they are and all the scraps you have left over when you're done. :-/

You mentioned Blair's Death Rain potato chips... I've had those too. And I'm glad you mentioned them. A very weird thing. I'm not sure which flavor it was but when I'd eat them - sometimes it was as if the spice that was on the chips would (for lack of a better word) "jump" off. Seriously. Because I'd feel like a small speck of something burning in my eye/s. I don't know if it would be like static electricity repelling the spicy dust or granules from off the chip, or what.

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

#283962 - 04/27/12 02:05 AM

> There must be a central hot sauce factory that doles out its whopping supply to all
> these stores as their store brand.>
> --Bekki

Noo/ no no no\\. TJ's has it made special for them.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Hot sauce hyper-hedonism! new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#283969 - 04/27/12 03:58 AM

Quote:

> BTW, have you heard of the "Quaker Steak & Lube"? ;-)
Haven't heard of that. But we've got this in our region of the country.
http://www.wingstop.com

Bummer. There aren't any locations near Pittsburgh. :-(

Quote:

I only been there once, and that was a long time ago. The hottest item on their menu is the atomic wings. *shakes head* Nuh-uh, no fun at all! *takes more bites* Lip. Singeing. FIRE!... Yet, I kept the remaining (wing) sauce from that take-out container. No way was I wasting something that.... evil.

QS&L also sells their hot sauces at many local grocery stores. I have an unopened bottle of their atomic wing sauce. Brutal stuff though it's more on the hot cayenne side with some habanero for background heat.

Quote:

I don't consider myself a fan of wings. I don't hate 'em, but I'm not crazy about 'em either. Probably due to how messy they are and all the scraps you have left over when you're done. :-/

There are few places that have decent wings. As in very large, whole and meaty wings. Fortunately the local "Early Bird Bill's" in scenic downtown Freeport, PA, has awesome wings. The sauces are served on the side but sometimes I like to bring my own and let the cook and/or owner check out what heat is available.

In New Kensington, PA is a place called "Buffalo Bill's Roadhouse". The wings are separated into pieces and you really don't get your money's worth. The sauces are good, though.

The worst wings I've ever had was at "The Firehouse" in McGrann, PA. They aren't chicken wings. More like sparrow.

The best deal for wings, at least for a brief period of time, was at the Freeport, PA VFW. All you can eat wings for $4. :-)

Quote:

You mentioned Blair's Death Rain potato chips... I've had those too. And I'm glad you mentioned them. A very weird thing. I'm not sure which flavor it was but when I'd eat them - sometimes it was as if the spice that was on the chips would (for lack of a better word) "jump" off.

I never had that happen with the numerous bags I scarfed down. But it's called "Death Rain" for a reason. Maybe the chips were dusted with a higher-than-usual quantity of that spice.

Right now I'm contemplating opening that little bottle of ghost pepper powder. A batch of popcorn is gonna be kicked up several notches south of purgatory. ;-)

I really need to buy an air-popper.

--Bekki

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

I'm wit'cha both... new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283970 - 04/27/12 04:24 AM

Most of the stuff you've named, I've had and enjoy as well. The red & green El Yucateca, Dave's Insanity sauce (sloooooowly going through that one- learned quick just how much of it to use!), the two I already replied to... I purchased a Blair's Mega Death a few months ago but it's been waiting its turn. Dunno how it compares to Death and After Death, but it comes with a nifty plastic skull so I suspect very favorably with the latter.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: I'm wit'cha both... new [Re: Qun Mang]
#283985 - 04/27/12 07:31 AM

Quote:

I purchased a Blair's Mega Death a few months ago but it's been waiting its turn. Dunno how it compares to Death and After Death, but it comes with a nifty plastic skull so I suspect very favorably with the latter.

Be careful! Ultra Death and Beyond Death are available as well. ;-) And I dig those skull keychains as well. I think all of Blair's Death sauces have 'em.

I wonder if Dave Mustaine is aware of Blair's Mega Death sauce? Maybe it should be bundled with a Vic Rattlehead keychain. ;-)

On my way home from werk I stopped to try some Sheetz Schwingz. And they're sadly average wing ding parts. The habanero sauce they have is just laughable in terms of heat and flavor. The Asian sauce they have is okay if you're into teriyaki with a bit too much corn syrup.

But at least the Schwingz are available 24/7 and it doesn't require going into a stinky smoky tavern. And they are freshly fried up and tossed with sauce so that's a plus, or you can get the sauce on the side. I didn't pay much for them either. So it's an average anytime quick chicken wing fix and nothing more than that.

--Bekki

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

Re: I'm wit'cha both... new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#284017 - 04/27/12 04:04 PM

> Be careful! Ultra Death and Beyond Death are available as well. ;-) And I dig those
> skull keychains as well. I think all of Blair's Death sauces have 'em.
>
> I wonder if Dave Mustaine is aware of Blair's Mega Death sauce? Maybe it should be
> bundled with a Vic Rattlehead keychain. ;-)

I don't suppose he could do much about it if he did, considering the band's name isn't even spelled right.

From wikipedia: One megadeath = one million deaths by nuclear bomb. Never thought about it, but of course it makes sense (though it shouldn't be limited to nuclear death), so one kilodeath would be 1000 deaths and one teradeath = the final days of earth...

>
> On my way home from werk I stopped to try some Sheetz Schwingz. And they're sadly
> average wing ding parts. The habanero sauce they have is just laughable in terms of
> heat and flavor. The Asian sauce they have is okay if you're into teriyaki with a bit
> too much corn syrup.
>
> But at least the Schwingz are available 24/7 and it doesn't require going into a
> stinky smoky tavern. And they are freshly fried up and tossed with sauce so that's a
> plus, or you can get the sauce on the side. I didn't pay much for them either. So
> it's an average anytime quick chicken wing fix and nothing more than that.
>
> --Bekki

Never heard of Sheetz Schwingz, but we have plenty of Buffalo Wild Wings around here.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: I'm wit'cha both... new [Re: Qun Mang]
#284041 - 04/27/12 06:53 PM

Quote:

I don't suppose he could do much about it if he did, considering the band's name isn't even spelled right.

Oh, it's spelled correctly if you're Dave Mustaine. It's an '80s metal thang. And it looks cool as a logo. ;-)

Quote:

Never heard of Sheetz Schwingz, but we have plenty of Buffalo Wild Wings around here.

I can just picture the late-night crowd after a hard night at the bar. I may have to talk to my buds at the Creighton location and see if I can coax out a story or two. :-)

--Bekki

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

#284207 - 04/29/12 02:31 AM

Chicken Casserole

Shells & Cheddar
2 cans of 5 oz chicken
a few tablespoons of Jalapeno
a can of diced tomatoes

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: If'n yer munchin' right now. whatcha noshin' on? new [Re: greybeard]
#284231 - 04/29/12 04:58 AM

My special recipe marinara ground beef (yeah, lots of beef, a little sauce - I'm a protein type, yo), and some raw carrots (yes, I eat a lot of carrots - I still have about 20/20 vision, you know). And then some greens beans.

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: If'n yer munchin' right now. whatcha noshin' on? new [Re: greybeard]
#284332 - 04/29/12 10:11 PM

Turkey Taco Helper

Velveeta Cheesy Skillet Dinner, Taco
Ground Turkey
Some Jalapenos to add some flavor / heat.

I prefer ground turkey over ground beef as ground turkey has less fat and is healthier.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: If'n yer munchin' right now. whatcha noshin' on? new [Re: mogli]
#284352 - 04/30/12 12:05 AM

Grilled steak, marinated in Black Nugget from Con Yeager. And some yams on the side with a salad.

Oh, and a little of my Sriracha+habanero concoction. ;-)

--Bekki

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Dead Fridge new [Re: mogli]
#284560 - 05/01/12 09:18 AM

Grr...my upstairs kitchen fridge died while I was out at werk. :-(

What's worse is that I can't a new fridge until next Thursday.

On the bright side? Schwings are $0.25USS/ea at Sheetz on Mondays and Tuesdays. Which means two dozen for $6.00USD. Even those they're wing ding pieces they don't have the pointy ends. Those were always a waste.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the Schwingz while I can. I had to move my stuff into coolers with a lotta ice. Fortunately I have a small fridge downstairs for the stuff that is very perishable. I have a big ol' deep freeze downstairs as well. Stuff that can be frozen, such as sealed cheeses, can remain down there.

They sure don't make refrigerators like they used to. :-(

Now I'll have to grill up the rest of my steaks and make lunch outta 'em. Mmmmmmmm...REAL steak sammiches! :-)

--Bekki

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 98 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4014