View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

EyE
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/07/10
Send PM

Killer Instint 1/2 black border
#238260 - 11/07/10 04:04 PM

I tried this with several MAME Versions including 0.140 and diffrent video Settings. The Menu and the 3D Stages run without Problems. But in the 2D Stages, I end up getting thin black borders on the right side and the bottom of the Screen. Is there a way to fix this?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Killer Instint 1/2 black border new [Re: EyE]
#238261 - 11/07/10 04:35 PM

> I tried this with several MAME Versions including 0.140 and diffrent video Settings.
> The Menu and the 3D Stages run without Problems. But in the 2D Stages, I end up
> getting thin black borders on the right side and the bottom of the Screen. Is there a
> way to fix this?

You could use the physical controls on your monitor or simply use the tab menu "Slider Controls" to adjust the video to your liking (stretch or position) until it's to your liking.

The game presents how it did on the original arcade monitors.

EyE
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/07/10
Send PM

Re: Killer Instint 1/2 black border new [Re: Tafoid]
#238264 - 11/07/10 05:02 PM

Well, I just didn't remember this from the original.
But if this is the case, it doesn't bother me.
Thanks

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Killer Instint 1/2 black border new [Re: EyE]
#238288 - 11/08/10 12:04 AM

> I tried this with several MAME Versions including 0.140 and diffrent video Settings.
> The Menu and the 3D Stages run without Problems. But in the 2D Stages, I end up
> getting thin black borders on the right side and the bottom of the Screen. Is there a
> way to fix this?

A very similar thing happens with Sega Master Systems. The actual machine (at least in PAL territory) displays top and bottom borders and never actually makes anything apart from solid colour on the unused areas. This was fixed in MESS a long time ago but MEKA and the others don't bother, as despite 256x192 being a perfect 4:3 resolution, the games are not designed to have square pixels and the machine outputs something around 256x240. Nintendo did the opposite in NTSC regions but cutting the first 8 pixels from the display, leaving a 256x224 resolution; when playing some originally-NTSC games on a PAL system (common with the unlicensed games from HES (Sydney Australia) for example and probably those Chinese-made 999-in-1 Famiclones which don't even support NES cartridges but are sold to non-Famicom countries!), there are sometimes random garbled graphics at the top.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 497 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2060