July 27, 2017
DU: The Kings Of Street Fighter II Go Worldwide
Corrado Tomaselli dumped the world version of Street Fighter that uses normal buttons.
DU: Hammerin' Harry
Hammy dumped the M82 version of Hammerin' Harry
Attn Frontend Developers: Machine Flags In XML
We're hitting the limitations of the driver element and its attributes in MAME's -listxml output. To allow for inheritance, better deal with systems with configurable slots, and make handling of machines and devices more uniform, this element is being deemphasised, and some of its attributes are deprecated, to be removed in a future release.
The following attributes of the driver element are deprecated and will be removed in a future release (they will be maintained for at least two releases before being removed): color, sound, graphic, protection. The other attributes are not scheduled for removal at this point.
A new feature element is being introduced to provide more detailed information on unemulated and imperfectly emulated features. This element is applicable to both systems and devices, unlike the driver element that is only applicable to systems. The feature element has three attributes:
• type - required, indicates the feature of the system/device that has emulation issues; possible values at present: protection, palette, graphics, sound, controls, keyboard, mouse, microphone, camera, disk, printer, lan, wan
• status - implied, indicates the emulation status of the feature for the device itself; possible values: unemulated, imperfect
• overall - implied, indicates the emulation status of the feature inherited from subdevices; possible values: unemulated, imperfect
The status attribute only be present if the device itself indicates ... (Read More)
July 26, 2017
nplayers.ini and Multiplayer.ini version 0.188 are available here: http://nplayers.arcadebelgium.be/
A new history.dat had been extracted from the database to match the MAME 0.188 release.
MAMEUI64 .188 & Icons/Snaps Released
Thanks to Robbbert for the .exe
* Updated to MAME 0.188 - https://git.redump.net/mame/log/
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (26th Jul)
* Added FB Alpha v0.2.97.42 and Demul Emulator infos
* Added/Reorganized 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
- New games: Deco Cassette System Multigame (ROM based), Go Go Cowboy (English, prize) and Legend (SNES bootleg)
- New Working games: Black Touch '96, Explorer (DECO Cassette) (US), Frogger (bootleg on Amigo? hardware), Mega Double Poker (conversion kit, version 2.3 MD), Ron II Mah-Jongg, The Roulette (Visco), Sega Ninja (315-5113), Touch & Go and World Rally 2
- New Non-Working games: Abnormal Check, Ai-mode - Pet Shiiku, Block Pong-Pong, Casino Strip, Casino Strip IX, Casino Strip VIII, Dam Dam Boy, DVD Select (Japan), Mahjong Gal-pri - World Gal-con Grandprix (Japan), Mahjong Hanafuda Cosplay Tengoku 6 - Junai-hen (Japan), Mahjong Mogitate, Need for Speed - 4 Cab Link (2 Discs) (v1.0.1 Rev B), Need for Speed GT (Hard Drive+2 Discs) (v1.1.0 Rev C), Percussion Freaks 4th Mix (G*A25 VER. AAA), PokoaPoka Onsen de CHU - Bijin 3 Shimai ni Kiotsukete! (Japan), Renai Mahjong Idol Gakuen (Japan), Super Derby II, Tsuugakuro no Yuuwaku (Japan) and WaiWai Drive
- New clones: Act-Fancer Cybernetick Hyper Weapon (World revision 3), Bubble Bobble (prototype on Tokio hardware), Cobra-Command (World/US revision 4), Fighting Vipers (Revision B), Golden Poker Double Up (bootleg), Kageki (World), Logger (Rev.2), Motocross Go! (MG2 Ver. A, set 2), New Super Triv III, The Ninja Warriors (World, earlier version), Operation Wolf (Japan, SC), Return of the Invaders (bootleg no MCU set 3), Return of the Invaders (bootleg w/MCU), Silk Worm (prototype?), Solar Assault (ver JAA), Solar Assault Revised (ver JAA), Space Invaders (Nas Corp bootleg), Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (Japan 911210, CPS-B-17), Super Triv (English questions), Taisen Idol-Mahjong Final Romance 2 (Japan, newer), Tazz-Mania (Rodmar bootleg), Tetris (v341R), Triv Five Special Edition, Virtua Striker 4 (Export) (GDT-0014), Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 ... (Read More)
MAME 0.188 comes to you with tales of perseverance, blind luck, and the kind of insanity you'd get from no-one else. By sheer chance, a DECO Cassette system Brian Troha picked up cheap happened to come with a set of graphics ROMs for Explorer. While the Explorer program cassette was dumped sixteen long years ago, the graphics ROMs have proved elusive until now. We can finally all enjoy this Tempest-inspired title from the early '80s.
After much effort and rendering several boards inoperable, Peter Wilhelmsen and Morten Shearman Kirkegaard successfully extracted the programs from the DS5002FP protection modules on Gaelco World Rally 2 and Touch & Go. Yet another seemingly impenetrable protection scheme has been been emulated. Persistence has paid off. This is also a boon for people wishing to repair Gaelco games that have ceased to function after the lithium cell in the protection module has failed. After extracting the program from a working board, it's possible to reprogram other boards running the same game.
As for MAMEdev-brand insanity, we are (to the best of our knowledge) the world's first and only emulator for the INTELLEC® 4. This system was used to develop software for Intel's earliest microprocessor family, the 4004 and 4040. We've even put together a user manual of sorts if by chance you want to see what interactive debugging was like in the '70s. It has lots of fun LEDs and switches!
Fans of handheld LCD games will be pleased to see the steady stream of improvements: 0.188 adds support for several Konami and Tiger handhelds, and vector backgrounds have been added for Game & Watch titles Mario Bros, Mickey & Donald, and Cement Factory.
On the arcade side, we've added support for Operation Wolf SC, a version of the military-themed shooter Operation Wolf with reduced difficulty intended for small cabinets located in shopping centres (hence the SC). Children could stay out of trouble storming concentration camps and powder magazines while their parents shopped in peace. Another interesting addition from Taito's history is a very rare prototype of Bubble Bobble on Tokio hardware. It has different graphics and music, and includes a functional stage editor. Of course we've added an assortment of clones as usual, including versions of Act-Fancer, Kageki, Logger, Solar Assault, Street Fighter II, Taisen Idol-Mahjong Final Romance 2, and Xevious 3D/G.
I'll finish by mentioning that save states and scheduled exits should now work properly in Emscripten builds (thanks to James Baicoianu), colours are fixed for Time Limit and Omega (thanks to ShouTime dumping the PROMs), and ROM identification (-romident verb) is even faster (under ten seconds on my old notebook). You can get the source/Windows binaries from the download page and try it out.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
• 05900: [Sound] (ddenlovr.cpp) funkyfig, funkyfiga: Missing music and partial sound FX (Ivan Vangelista)
• 06261: [Sound] (polepos.cpp) polepos2: Crowd Cheering sounds are messed up at the chequered flag (goal). (Robbbert)
• 06370: [Save/Restore] (vegas.cpp) sf2049se, sf2049te: Crashes on reload (-str 8 ) in a staggered -str 20 run (Ted Green)
• 06562: [Crash/Freeze] All sets in octopus.cpp, zorba.cpp: Fatal Error when using various terminal/printers in slots (Ivan Vangelista)
• 06564: [Crash/Freeze] (ti99_4x.cpp) All sets in ti99_4x.cpp, ti99_4p.cpp: SuperAMS memory expansion card (samsmem) Fatal Error when mounted (Ivan Vangelista)
• 06581: ... (Read More)
July 25, 2017
July 24, 2017
DU: There's An Ordyne Airy World Somehow I Have To Find
Corrado Tomaselli dumped the world version of Ordyne. One of coolmod's friends sent in a dump of Street Fighter 2 Quicken (different from the "PT-1" version in MAME). Trol sent us a dump of a Super Chase HQ prototype.
After a weekend's study, some progress of netmerc was made:
The model-1's geo processors are also capable of triangles, in addition to quads.
The flickering background is still a headache. It seems related to v60 cpu emulation -- from disassembling, a mov instruction seems to copy the lower-word value of memory addressed by SP to palette no. 0
I'm not familiar with v60 cpu. Any friend would like to take a loot at it?
A new crowd-sourced data entry site has been created that will allow us to leverage the MAME community's energy to recover dumps of chips whose lids have been lifted and innards have been imaged. Think of it as a re-branded "Typing Monkeys" project.
The site is here:
Please feel free to create a personal login and try it out! Once you have a login, you will be taken to your own home page, where you will see a list of available chips that you can help out with. Next to that will be instructions on how to enter bits for that chip, and next to that will be a link to see what work you have done and how you stack up against others who have typed in data. The site is evolving, so if you've got any input, please let the administrators know through the "contact" link.
At the moment, the only chip available is one of the TGPs from the SEGA Model 1 hardware. Information about this chip is in a Caps0ff blog post here:
To sweeten the deal for the most herculean of typers, Caps0ff has offered to grant the individual who types the most (sensical) entries access to see 5 of the group's decapping posts before the vast majority of the world has. This is a similar reward as what monetary donors receive, so feel free to go typing crazy.
Thanks! The typed data will be used to generate dumps for MAME and improve automated methods for detecting the bits.
July 23, 2017
Haze: Lucky Poker This Isn't, Just Plain Lucky It Certainly Is
MAME Front End PfeMAME Version 1.007 Released
pfeMAME version 1.007 has been released today
pfeMAME is a front end for the Multiple Arcade Game Emulator (MAME) written in Python. It is cross platform (tested on Linux - Ubuntu and Windows). It also includes a graphical Tile View designed for MAME cabinets which allows control using joystick / gamepad. It supports favorite game flagging, MESS systems, and a Tiled view for arcade cabinets. It was written with a minimalist view in mind but also because there were some features I wanted that other front ends just didn't provide.
Please see the changelog for full change information and make sure you read the manual if you are a first time user.
This release includes quite a few bug fixes and a few new or improved features. I have also incorporated a very early support for launching Visual Pinball tables - this has nothing to do with MAME really as it requires that you have VPINMAME and Visual Pinball located somewhere and already fully set up and working - its really just a hack at a very basic front end as I like playing pinball tables but I have the complexity of existing front ends.
There are two notable issues; Under Linux if you are building from source yourself, don't use the setup.sh file to copy the support files - do it manually for now. Also under Linux, the manual doesn't open on some installs - just open it manually.
You can download Windows 32bit / 64bit and Linux 64bit packaged distributions as well as the source code from here. Please also look at the sourceforge web page for ... (Read More)
July 20, 2017
DU: Porn Collection (NSFW)
July 18, 2017
DU: Acting Fancy
Corrado Tomaselli dumped version 3 US of Act Fancer
July 17, 2017
Haze: DS5002FP Dumping
July 16, 2017
DU: Time Limit
DU: Solar Assaults
Progetto-SNAPS 0.187 Update
Ready the MAME 0.187 update of "MAME progetto-SNAPS".
It's available this folder on Mega.co.nz that allows individually download files to update from version to version. The folder will be temporarily available until the next update.
433 snaps and 489 pictures, icons, pdf and zip downloadable here:
Artworks: progetto-SNAPS Artworks
Cabinets: progetto-SNAPS Cabinets
Devices: progetto-SNAPS Devices
Icons: progetto-SNAPS Icon Extended
Manuals: progetto-SNAPS pdf Manuals
Marquees: progetto-SNAPS Arcade Marquees, Pinball's Backglass & Publishers Logo
Snapshots: progetto-SNAPS Snapshots
Artwork Preview: 20 new (tot. 2,675 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 2.27Mb
Bosses: 5 new (tot. 1,335 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 93.8Kb
Ends: 25 new (tot. 600 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 922Kb
GameOver: 40 new & 2 upd (tot. 6,915 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 415Kb
HowTo: 5 new (tot. 1,565 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 86.6Kb
Logo: 25 new & 2 upd (tot. 1,925 UPDATE 1 pack, 130Kb
Scores: 20 new & 3 upd (tot. 6,765 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 357Kb
Select: 30 new & 2 upd (tot. 4,100 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 559Kb
Snap: 1 del, 111 new & 14 upd (tot. 38,099 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 2.32Mb
Titles: 1 del, 111 new & 10 upd (tot. 38,099 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 2.42Mb
Versus: 3 new & 5 upd (tot. 1,093 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 225Kb
Other resources update:
Artworks (Original) : 10 new & 12 upd (tot. 1,050 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 109Mb
Artworks (Alt) : 1 new (tot. 40 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 1.23Mb
Artworks (WideScreen) : 25 new & 4 upd (tot. 575 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 147Mb
Cabinets: 1 del, 26 new (tot. 5,650 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 13.2Mb
Devices: 2 del, 27 new (tot. 1,900 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 18.1Mb
Icons Extended: 4 del, 204 new & 23 upd (tot. 30,600 ico) UPDATE 1 pack, 9.42Mb
Manuals : 10 new (tot. 2,380 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 48.6Mb
Marquees : 5 del, 20 new & 127 upd (tot. 3,880 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 87.6Mb
: Thanks to Mr. Do.
: Thanks to Nightvoice.
: Thanks to Ashurax, Krakerman, AlexDC22, Scheib43, Vaughn, griffin518 and Grizz.
: Thanks to System11.
: Many thanks for J. Modlin searches.
If you want to support my work, you can make small donations via PayPal.
The list ... (Read More)
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!