February 28, 2015
Attract-Mode Frontend Version 1.5 Released
A new version of the Attract-Mode frontend has been released!
Here's what is new:
• Added ability to display MaLa layouts (vertical and horizontal). beta
• Various filter improvements (global filters, filter based on file availability, filter mechanical and CHD games)
• Added ability to display artwork and game information from multiple filters at the same time. Added a filter-grid layout with filters organized into separate grid columns.
• Added Ctrl-V clipboard pasting to config mode (Windows and OS X only).
• Added ability to configure an exit hotkey that forces an emulator to exit.
• Added liquid8d's ExtendedObject, Animate and SpriteSheet modules.
• Improved importing of Steam information.
• Fixed artifacts when scaling videos at low resolution.
• Added ability to specify filter rules when generating/importing rom lists from the command line.
• Various improvements to the included screensaver and layouts, including configurable controls for Blinky in the Attrac-Man minigame.
• Scripting improvement: added "EndNavigation" transitions.
• Many, many other bug fixes and improvements.
Available for Windows, OS X and Linux. Download at: http://attractmode.org
February 27, 2015
A new version available here (for MAME 0.159): pS Series.ini Page.
Entries RENAMED: (avalon13) to (avalnc13), (avalons) to (avalonsc), (eca) to (ecau) and (ecax) to (eca).
Series ADDED: Ghost Squad, Sega Network Taisen Mahjong, Section Z.
Series UPDATED: Asura, Key of Avalon, Super Spacefortress Macross, Player's Edge, Virtua Striker.
Catlist 0.159 Out
The updated category/genre/version ini files for usage with QMC2, MAMEUI and other frontends are finally ready, thanks to the work of Scuore and Swos
As promised this new release features a re-organization of Casino and Electromechanical Categories...
First of all, you can say goodbye to "Electromechanical - PinMAME" and "Fruit Machines": we now have
Electromechanical / Coin pusher
Electromechanical / Pinball
Electromechanical / Reel
Electromechanical / Utilities
Electromechanical / Misc.
Most previous Electromechanical games are now in Electromechanical / Pinball, while Fruit Machines have been split among Electromechanical / Reels (the ones which have mechanical reels) and Casino / Reels (the ones which have video reels). The Utilities category is for test chips for Electromechanical boards, of course...
Concerning Casino category, instead, we added some Categories to better identify which kind of game they are
Casino / Cards
Casino / Lottery
Casino / Racing
Casino / Reels
Casino / Roulette
Casino / Multiplay
Cards is not only for card-based poker games, but also for poker versions with guitars, cubes, cans, etc., because it's always the same game; Lottery is for all the various Keno, Bingo and Lotto games; Multiplay finally is for games which feature both card games and dice games or fruit machines
Finally, we added a few more ... (Read More)
Ready the new version (0.41 for MAME 0.159) available here: pS Languages.ini Page.
* 0.41 0.159 27/02/2015: Added 0.159 sets.
The Terminator Starts By Playing Videogames?
"His company's creation was able to learn 49 classic Atari games after being left to work out how"
February 26, 2015
Update for 0.159 version, this is the web page for download: progetto-SNAPS MESSINFO.DAT.
Clean version with no additional files, can be found here: progetto-SNAPS Naked MESSINFO.DAT.
* 9.05 26/02/2015: Aligned files to 0.159 version. Updated this files: 'sourcechanges.txt', 'changelog.txt', 'alltimesMESS.txt', 'Drivers SVN...txt', 'supportedMEDIA.txt' and 'Index of Devices'. Updated the SVN until February 25, 2015 (r35257).
MEWUI 1.59 Released
MEWUI 1.59 (MAME / MESS / UME) released!
1.59 - 26.02.2014
- Updated to MAME / MESS / UME 0.159
- Minor fixes and improvements.
MAMEUIFX 0.159 released.
Updated to MAME 0.159
* Changelog from 0.158:
- Added support for WARRIORS OF FATE - TENCHI WO KURAU 2 (Three extra players)
- Enabled by default new video mode renderer OpenGL and made it available in Video Mode options
- Implemented widestretch (Full Widescreen Stretch) feature for all video modes supported which are:
• BGFX (not working at the moment)
(This new feature makes completely discouraged the use of DirectDraw Hardware Stretch option)
- Fixed some cosmetic issues in the Interface
- M1FX 7.0: fixed and improved the equalizer, now in sync with the volume slider
Enjoy as usual.
History.dat 0.159 Released
History.dat 0.159 released
DU Fundraiser: Rent To Own
You can see in the latest whatsnew that Shoutime been busy dumping a bunch of incredibly rare boards. He has the opportunity soon to start renting some really rare undumped games. They include Sega stuff with chips that will need to get sent to Charles and back to dump. Quick examples:
Laser Ghost JP
Racing Hero JP
Rad Mobile JP
I don't have a total dollar amount needed but at least a few hundred. If you want to donate send me a PM and I'll send you his paypal address.
Category.ini And Version.ini 0.159
Available the packages containing the files:
- Version.ini (for MAME and MESS)
- Category.ini (for MESS)
aligned to the 0.159 version.
You can download inside the new renameSET.dat package, or separately at the same link.
Ready the new progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat 0.159 for MAME and MESS.
* 3.34 2015/02/04: Added my personal release of 'category.ini' for MESS. This is a .ini file to be used in MESS frontends; it allows to sort systems emulated by MESS depending on the type of system (console, handle-game, calculator, etc.).
* 3.35 2015/02/09: Fixed various entries.
* 3.36 2015/02/26: Added 0.159, update 'allMAMErenames.txt', 'renameSET.ini', 'addMAME' and 'addMESS', 'version.ini' and 'category.ini'.
February 25, 2015
NPlayers 0.159 is available at the usual place: http://nplayers.arcadebelgium.be/
This is the multiplayer description file displaying info like 1P, 2P sim, 4P alt, ... in your favorite MAME frontend.
MAMEUI64 .159 & Snaps/Icons Released
Snaps and Icons released.
MAMEScore.ini 0.159 Released
MAMEScore.ini 0.159 released
Story.dat 0.159 Released
Story.dat 0.159 released
* Updated to MAME 0.159 (git.redump.net\mame)
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (25th Feb)
* Added 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
"Theory is when you know everthing but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and no one knows why."
MESSUI 0.159 has been released (32 and 64 bit versions, command-line and GUI versions)
Also software-list xml files, and source code changes.
* The custom code for mandatory carts has been removed, because of improvements in baseline.
* Added a local modification to wd_fdc, to allow microbee to boot disks.
MESS 0.159 Out
New MESS out (news from official whatsnew):
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 05844: [Core] (coco12.c) all coco drivers: crash to desktop when
slot device Multi selected (Osso)
- 04799: [Core] (kaypro.c) All sets in kaypro.c: Won't boot from
New System Drivers Supported:
-Bank Shot [hap, Sean Riddle]
-Tomy Alien Chase [hap, Kevin Horton]
-Epoch Dracula [hap, Kevin Horton]
-Tomy Tennis [hap, Kevin Horton]
-Wildfire [hap, Sean Riddle]
-Coleco Total Control 4 [hap, Sean Riddle]
Systems Promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING:
-Slicer [Carl, Al Kossow]
-Omni II [Robbbert]
-Hanimex Pencil II [Robbbert]
-Alesis MMT-8 [Sandro Roncko]
-pico.xml: Added more dumps from Brazilian and Japanese carts. [Team
-tutor.xml: Added dump for Marine Adventure. [Team Europe]
-nes, snes: Working MIDI in and out for Miracle Piano [R. Belmont]
-fixed missing file details [Oliver Stöneberg]
-snes: converted input code to use slot devices. This means that
you now change the emulated controllers (Joypad, Mouse, Multitap,
Super Scope) via the Slot Device menu of the UI interface and not
anymore from the System Configurations menu. ... (Read More)
MAME 0.159 Out
New MAME out (news from official whatsnew):
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 05498: [Crash/Freeze] (mpu4vid.c) Many sets in mpu4vid.c: Gameplay
stops at a "Serial Link Failure" screen (crazyc)
- 05538: [Crash/Freeze] (bfcobra.c) all sets in bfcobra.c: Game stops
on 1st screen, just keeps beeping like some kinda alert. (crazyc)
- 05838: [Misc.] (firetrk.c) Superbug: Color overlay missing (hap)
- 02004: [Crash/Freeze] (hornet.c) nbapbp: Hardware error (Fabio Priuli)
- 05841: [Misc.] (gunsmoke.c) gunsmoke, gunsmokej, gunsmokeu, gunsmokeua:
Dates of every version
- 05837: [Compiling] MAME-0.158 - make: *************************************** [chdman] Error 1
- 05835: [Misc.] MAME version number reports as 0.0.0.0 in file
-m65ce02: Generalize Kale's findings [O. Galibert]
-jvs host: fix packet encoding, similar to previous [MetalliC]
-Updates to 315-5881 encryption based on Daytona2 Power Edition's
analysis [Andreas Naive]
-Some fixes for multimonitor fullscreen on linux and windows. In
virtualbox, even switchres now works for two monitors. That doesn't
imply it will work on real hardware. The probability is higher :-) On
windows, default render driver now is "opengl" since direct3d wouldn't
work reliably. This functionality currently is limited to to the
"-video accel" driver. More userspace blitting enhancements.
-Define network API to ... (Read More)
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!